I was wondering if my file free looked good compared to the apps and themes that I have installed.

Installed apps I have:
    BBweather
    Capture It
    Pandora
    Documents2Go [Word & Powerpoint]
    Myspace
    Facebook
    BBmessenger

Themes:
    The 4 default BBdimension themes.
    MiniStorm.
    & BBdimension Calendar Theme from pimpmyberry.

Also I have a 2gig SanDisk memory card in with alot of pictures, good amount of ringtones, a few videos, & less than 10 full mp3 songs. It's not even a quarter of the way full tho, I believe.

Heres a few pictures of my OS & database sizes & on reboot my memory usually jumps to between 43 & 44.
    Sometimes my phone just lags tho & im not sure why.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!!!
    06-19-09 11:49 AM
    on reboot my memory usually jumps to between 43 & 44 ...
    That is plenty of memory, clearly not the issue.

Your data is just over 1 Mb, nothing unusual there.

Sometimes my phone just lags ...
    When you experience this, is it just slow or do you see the spinning hour glass?
    06-19-09 11:58 AM
    looks right
    man im envious of all that file free
    06-19-09 01:07 PM
    That seems like you have quite a bit. What is the norm for file free? I have 22155310 Bytes, is this normal? I have close to the same setup as the OP but I have a 1gig card. Is the card part of the file free equation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 02:47 PM
    No the card doesn't affect file free and you free memory is quite good. @ OP how did you manage to get it that high?
    06-19-09 03:07 PM
    When I experience the lag, it usually is in my media such as going to pictures & so forth. & also at times when i hit R to reply to messages in blackberry messenger & sms's, like not real 'snappy.' maybe its just me?

i have never gotten below 25 on file free & if i get around that or to about 23 i do a reboot & it jumps back up to about 43-44.

& by OP, do you mean rebooting it? i have no idea how it jumps back up that high! it starts dropping in the 30s range throughout the day because i am on my phone literally ALL day texting & using bb messenger. also occasionally on the net to dl ringtones & ota themes or apps im wanting to try. i also sometimes use my myspace app frequently.
    06-19-09 06:11 PM
    Also, I forgot to mention I am using the Seidio 2600mAh Extended Battery as well.
    06-19-09 06:30 PM
    That is a great amount of file free. I'm jealous. Even when I had less apps/themes than you have I couldn't get above 30MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD