I'm hoping to get my hands on a Torch today (if any arrive in my town) and was wondering if facebook is improved in any way, or if it's the same as my 9700 on a bigger screen.

Not a deal breaker, I mainly twitter but found I *never* fb on my 9700 as it's so painful.
    10-04-10 10:31 AM
    Well, the app is the same, if that's what you mean. You do have available to you the touch version of the FB website, which also has a link to the full site. These work fine on the WebKit browser.
    10-04-10 10:40 AM
    Well, the app is the same, if that's what you mean. You do have available to you the touch version of the FB website, which also has a link to the full site. These work fine on the WebKit browser.
    That is what I meant, sorry.

Thx for the info!
    10-04-10 10:45 AM
    I think Facebook sucks period..lol. But my wife likes it so I played around with her account on my Torch. One nice thing about Facebook and the Torch is that you can view all your Facebook messages (not only ones directed at you but others as well) thru the Social Feeds app. So you can view Twitter messages, Facebook messages, any RSS feeds etc all thru this one app, which is actually pretty cool. Even my wife with her iP4 thought that was really cool.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed today actually that I never noticed on my Storm was: My niece just had a baby so I logged onto my wifes Facebook to view some of the photos..and when I brought up a photo from the album..it then also gave me an option to swipe thru all the other photos from the album along the bottom of the current pic I was looking at. So I could essentially open one pic and while viewing it scroll around along the bottom and view all the other pics in the album. Like I said..I'm not sure if this is a "new" feauture or not..but it seemed new to me.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-04-10 at 11:47 AM.
    10-04-10 11:39 AM
    Facebook sucks no matter what it is on!!!!!!
    10-04-10 11:41 AM
    The FB app sucks on Blackberry. I wish it was similar to the iPhone's app.
    10-04-10 12:02 PM
    IMO, since the 1.8 update, Facebook has been pretty decent. On the Torch, its even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 12:35 PM
    Don't really have any issues with the 1.8 version.
    10-04-10 01:07 PM
    I'm hoping to get my hands on a Torch today (if any arrive in my town) and was wondering if facebook is improved in any way, or if it's the same as my 9700 on a bigger screen.

Not a deal breaker, I mainly twitter but found I *never* fb on my 9700 as it's so painful.
    The facebook app is iffy at best, but it's good enough for checking status updates...that's about it though. I find myself going to the full non-mobile site at Login | Facebook.
    10-04-10 04:33 PM
    I actually like it alot more since 1.8, and the Torch version scrolls very nicely, plus pinch to zoom on pictures is a plus. Much better than on the 9700.
    10-04-10 07:08 PM
    How can one get the contacts feature to work again. Ever since i upgraded the first FB version on my BB almost a year and half ago, it has been gone.
    10-06-10 02:50 PM
    if you touch the middle of the screen a very nice looking box pops up with options associated to the profile your looking at.
    10-06-10 04:57 PM
    I hate the FB app. Doesn't work very well. I mostly use touch.facebook.com Its the iphones mobile version, which works decently enough..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD