View Poll Results: Does Facebook Cripple your Entire Bold 9700?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

3 25.00%
  • Yes, but it worked fine on past devices I have used

1 8.33%
  • No, it has always worked fine for me on any BB

2 16.67%
    Okay fellow BB Addicts,

I know the Facebook app is really nothing to be desired. But it worked fine on my Pearl 8120. But now on my Bold 9700 it cripples my entire device for like a whole minute when starting it up. And what is more bizarre is it seems worse on WiFi. What gives? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it wide spread for 9700 users? Is there a fix? Is it my device? Other than when Facebook is updating, my device runs smooth and fast. I have had my Bold 9700 for just over a week. I still have time to take it back and try a new one.

I have tried reinstalling the app. I have tried turning off all the "extra" options on the options screen.

No one tell me to use the mobile site. I know about it. I just want to know if what is happening to me is happening to everyone else so I can know if it is my specific device or if it is just the 9700s for whatever reason.
    05-12-10 02:27 AM
    I think that it is your particular device then. I had a 9700 and never had that issue with Facebook. Plus, if there is any phone that would be able to handle the application it would be the 9700. But what about the other apps? Anything else hang your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 05:18 AM
    If you look on the media card there will be a huge .dat file which you can delete and this will give you back the speed on the Bold. Once the file gets huge it does slow down the phone, I first discovered this on my 9000 so now I remove it regularly to prevent build up.

Look on the media card under Blackberry -> Facebook and remove the .dat file in there and that will solve the problem.
    05-12-10 09:14 AM
    If you look on the media card there will be a huge .dat file which you can delete and this will give you back the speed on the Bold. Once the file gets huge it does slow down the phone, I first discovered this on my 9000 so now I remove it regularly to prevent build up.

Look on the media card under Blackberry -> Facebook and remove the .dat file in there and that will solve the problem.
    Thanks mark-d!

I turned on Facebook this morning and it seemed to work just fine. After reading your post here, I realized that last night I transferred my 8GB card from my Pearl to my Bold and in the process specifically only copied my pictures, music and videos. Maybe that is why! Thanks!

I will try to remember to post back here and let you guys know if that does it.

@dwaynewilliams: No other app hangs or drags... that's why I wasn't sure it was my specific device.
    05-12-10 10:16 AM
    Got the new SocialScope update finally, and immediately deleted the FB app. Awful.
    05-12-10 10:19 AM
    I don't understand this app. I have had my 9700 since day 1 it came out. Facebook has always worked fine on it. I can't remember what it was or when it happened, but about a month ago, it began completely crippling my device. Anytime I open it, the device struggles to move. It won't close, the menus don't pop up. I don't understand what could possibly be going on.

I have deleted it since and am patiently waiting some other alternative to check facebook.
    05-12-10 01:18 PM
    I don't understand this app. I have had my 9700 since day 1 it came out. Facebook has always worked fine on it. I can't remember what it was or when it happened, but about a month ago, it began completely crippling my device. Anytime I open it, the device struggles to move. It won't close, the menus don't pop up. I don't understand what could possibly be going on.

I have deleted it since and am patiently waiting some other alternative to check facebook.
    Did you try deleting that file on your MicroSD card? So far it seems to be working for me
    05-12-10 01:34 PM
    Yes, I deleted that file and it still didn't help. I don't understand it.
    05-12-10 10:51 PM
    Hmmmm... I don't know... Try re-installing the app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 10:53 PM
    Well, after a day it is still working like it did on my pearl. Not a super great app, but it works now!
    05-13-10 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD