My bold with .266 firmware, is experiencing memory leak as after I Quickpull it, the memory would start at 18mb even though not much app installed and using original theme. After just awhile or few hours I check the memory it will be on 10mb, and keep on decreasing as the hours goes.

So I'm just wondering if it's the Facebook 1.6 app that seems to have synchronized itself with the address book, calendar and etc., causes it to consistently use lots of memory.

Other apps I have installed: Opera Mini, Viigo, Shazam, DailyHoroscope, VibandRing, MemoryUp Personal (although nt useful), Speedtest, Quickpull, Google Maps, BB App World, Application Center (installed by itself. weird..)

What are your thoughts and suggestions?
    07-17-09 03:22 AM
    Since I upgraded to 1.f I have noticed a bigger drain, but not like that. I suspect it is viigo that is killing your memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 06:21 AM
    I agree, it's probably Viigo. Make sure you have it set not to run in the backround.
    Make sure that you're closing the apps when done and not just backing out of them.
    It could also be BB app world, that gave me problems early on.

Try deleting both for a day or so and see what difference it makes.

18 mb after a reset is pretty low!
    07-17-09 09:55 AM
    When I upgraded to .282 I picked up about 10MB net of memory...try that in combination with the above suggestions and you should be in really good shape..)
    07-17-09 10:14 AM
    The FB app sucks. Mobile version of FB is much better.

I have the FB app for the sole purpose of uploading pics.
    07-17-09 10:16 AM
    I think the latest FB (1.6.0.21) is really good.
    Especially since they fixed the calendar issue and slow timeloading loading issue.
    07-17-09 10:27 AM
    I agree, it's probably Viigo. Make sure you have it set not to run in the backround.
    Make sure that you're closing the apps when done and not just backing out of them.
    It could also be BB app world, that gave me problems early on.

Try deleting both for a day or so and see what difference it makes.

18 mb after a reset is pretty low!
    Excellent advice from Teek! What I would do, however, is delete one application first - wait a few days - and see if that's the offending application. Then, delete the 2nd application and see if that has resolved the issue. Then the 3rd and so on...Undoubtedly, you want to use these applications, hence, they are on your device. If you delete all applications at the same time you will not know exactly which was the offending application. You will just know that it was one of the apps you deleted.

ALB
    07-17-09 10:34 AM
    I think the latest FB (1.6.0.21) is really good.
    Especially since they fixed the calendar issue and slow timeloading loading issue.
    Agreed, when Facebook 1.5 was released it used a lot of memory, with 1.6 it's fine for me now...
    07-17-09 10:44 AM
    Agreed, no issues with 1.6. For what I do with FB (which is very little), it works great.
    07-17-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD