From what I've been able to find in the forums, it seems that it is supposed to work. but after installing it, when i run it it says "no operating system found." i have an OS on my computer (xp pro) and on my blackberry (4.60 so what elese is needed?

The only references I could find on the subject in the forums indicate that I have to install an OS - but what OS? on onto what, the computer or the bold?
    04-06-09 08:08 PM
    CrackMem only modifies the OS installed on the PC. CrackUtil messes with the modules on the device.

By OS I mean Blackberry OS. The way a blackberry OS install generally works is that you install the OS to your PC, then run the Desktop Manager which installs it to your phone (or for loading additional apps).
    04-06-09 08:09 PM
    Goto the link in my sig down there V and look for BlackBerry 101. It will have BlackBerry OS install instructions. There's also a good tutorial by Crucial_Extreme around here somewhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 09:12 PM
    CrackMem only modifies the OS installed on the PC. CrackUtil messes with the modules on the device.

By OS I mean Blackberry OS. The way a blackberry OS install generally works is that you install the OS to your PC, then run the Desktop Manager which installs it to your phone (or for loading additional apps).
    Thanks for trying to help, but I'm lost.

My bold came with an operating system already on it. I installed Desktop manager from a cd supplied with the phone.

How would I install a blackberry operating system on my PC? Would that overwrite my windows xp system?
    04-07-09 12:22 PM
    No, it's not an OS for the PC, it's just software as far as the PC is concerned. I assume you are using the default AT&T OS on your blackberry so install this on your PC.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Select AT&T, select the Bold 9000 from the dropdown, then download BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.298 (Multilanguage)
    04-07-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD