Has anyone tested the CallsBlocker app from the crackberry store on a 9700? It looks great but the compatibility list says it isn't compatible so I'm wondering if anyone's tried it.

(I used to have Black&White list but I haven't heard from them about switching phones despite a bunch of emails. Looks like they've fallen into a black hole.)
    12-04-09 11:50 AM
    haven't tried any app for blocking calls, but that feature is available and works very well with google voice
    12-08-09 09:19 PM
    haven't tried any app for blocking calls, but that feature is available and works very well with google voice
    True enough, and I got a pretty cool gvoice #. (I'll put in a good word for Youmail also for VM). However too many people know my real # from years of giving it out (so changing it isn't a good option) but I don't necessarily want to get calls from some of them any more! Politicians, recruiters, charities I've donated to in the past, sales calls from places I have accounts, etc. The state representative who got appointed to fill a vacancy (thus never even voted for) has a particularly annoying robocaller. Kinda hard to call someone you don't want to hear from to tell them a new # so you can ditch their calls.

If CallsBlocker worked it would do the trick (and free is a good price), but I'm still wondering if anyone's tried it yet on the 9700.
    12-08-09 10:44 PM
    I just installed it myself and am going to test it out to see how well it works.
    12-09-09 12:40 AM
    I installed calls blocker on my BB storm and went through all of the options and even rebooted my device but it still does not block unwanted calls....
    12-22-09 02:04 PM
    I was using iCallManager Lite (same guys as Black&White List, who never replied to me either) and tried a few different call mananger after getting my 9700.

I'm using Call Blocker Pro now (Call Blocker Professional | Most feature rich and reliable call blocker for the BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store) and it seems to work quite well. It's not free, but it's only $2.99 until the end of the month. The developer seems to be open to taking feature suggestions as well.. which is always a bonus.

Best of luck !
    12-22-09 02:10 PM
    I use Buzzoff works fine. Had some bugs but they have really good support to walk you through it.
    12-29-09 04:35 AM
    i used both Callsblocker and Call Filter from Simtak.

Callsblocker simply did not work.

Call Filter, otoh, works just fine for me. plus, it's a demo that's limited to 10 calls per number, per day or something like that, so i havent had to actually purchase it. works just fine for blocking a psycho ex of mine. my only wish is that you could export/backup the blacklist should you ever have to upgrade the handheld software or migrate to another device.
    Last edited by oakie; 12-29-09 at 08:19 AM.
    12-29-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD