05-12-12 01:23 PM
233 ... 78910
tools
    try a bluetooth headset that records.. like this one
    China Bluetooth Headset. Quanzhou Manufacturer
    02-10-10 09:41 PM
    Here's another device for recording cellular phone calls via bluetooth
    Buy Mp3 Bluetooth Headset Voice Recorder from Co-crea Industrial Co.,Ltd.
    02-10-10 09:54 PM
    The Blackberry api does not the recording of phone calls. However, there is a to around it, which is, to dial a recorder service, and the call is finish, the service will email the recording back to the user. It is not difficult to program a key to trigger a conference call to be made to the recording service. If there is enough interest, I might make this my next project after my BB VoIP app is finished.
    02-10-10 11:15 PM
    The Blackberry api does not the recording of phone calls. However, there is a to around it, which is, to dial a recorder service, and the call is finish, the service will email the recording back to the user. It is not difficult to program a key to trigger a conference call to be made to the recording service. If there is enough interest, I might make this my next project after my BB VoIP app is finished.
    yea, but that is a pay per use type of service ....

why can't it just be allowed!!! sooo annoying
    02-10-10 11:33 PM
    I am sure it will be very affordable or even free if one of those big companies back it up.
    02-10-10 11:41 PM
    When I traded in my BlackBerry Storm for an iPhone I came across a company called DynaMetric which makes cell phone recording adapters for BlackBerry and iPhone cell phones. Check out their website:
    03-29-10 09:50 PM
    plz help with call recorder for blackberry info
    04-12-10 06:33 AM
    I know that this is a sledgehammer approach but it's been working for me for a couple of years now. Recording was only 1 small feature of what I was really looking for but it works like a charm and all of my incoming and outgoing calls are automatically recorded without fail. A bonus is that you can really leverage an unlimited calling to a specific number kind-of-plan. I also find it useful as a calling card for Global LD

It's like the 3rd party recorder concept except that I do it all myself using an asterisk pbx... it's 3rd party in the sense that all calls are routed through my server at home but not in the sense that there's another company selling me the recording service. The software is free and if you have an old PC with a high speed internet connection at home it will work for you.

I use FreePBX (google it) and voip.ms together but there are others that are very good as well.

I won't lie, it's much more complicated than installing an ota app and associating a hotkey (like we all want), but it doesn't take long to set up and for anyone that's never seen DIY VOIP the telephone-company-like-power and low cost will make you giddy for a while.
    04-12-10 02:08 PM
    Switched to BB from Nokia and I'm really surprised!!!!
    Yes, Nokia has an ugly interface but at least I was able to have all apps that I need!
    No CALLLLLL RECORDER?????????????? Is this a joke?

And all those guys talking about what is legal and what is illegal ... It is a joke, I see.

Come on, It is nobody's business what i do with my phone, unless I use it for a crime.
    If someone may be able to use his phone camera for any illegal sort of things, so what?
    Then why you people from RIM just don't remove the cam. from your devices?!

Dear RIM Devs. , Please consider your Customers needs !

time being I think I'll have to switch to some other devise.
    Looking for a good reason to keep my 9700 I like how it looks but that's all till now
    Last edited by samirbasha; 07-21-10 at 08:36 PM.
    07-21-10 07:23 PM
    Hi Everyone

I just heard on the grapvine of a company based out in the British Virgin Island that are developing a Blackberry Call Recorder.

The site is no yet live but the roumour is that they will have a client that will silently recorord all calls incoming and outgoing.

Also it encrypt the calls in a local database on the phone and upload to a secure server. The webiste it wwwdotBlackberryCallRecorderdotcom when I last check it it was not live but I have been told they are getting ready for a launch during October.

I hope its is true cause I would hate to change to a nokia phone.

ZaK
    08-13-10 04:02 PM
    You can easily search online for a decent call recorder application. Few of the call recorder available are Red Call Recorder, Phone Recorder Plus, TRX Pocket PC Phone Recorder, Phone Call Recorder, Smart Phone Recorder, etc.
    08-26-10 10:15 PM
    SimplyStealth.com just launched. You can record calls using WAP enabled device. Comes with a free 1 minute call.

Check it out @ simplystealth.com
    08-27-10 09:17 AM
    does anyone know if anything was ever made for the blackberry?
    09-10-10 08:50 AM
    If you follow @simplystealth on Twitter and post "I can record anyone, anywhere, anytime with SimplyStealth.com" you will get a 50 cent credit on your account.
    09-14-10 11:19 AM
    does anyone know if anything was ever made for the blackberry?
    A friend mime said she had recorded a conversation with her client and i didnt believe her until she play back the recording.

she had an old curve running Os4.x i think. I didnt get a chance to check out the actual OS version.

But all she did was run the voicenote app and hit record after answering the call.

Of course this trick does not work on OS5+
    09-14-10 12:16 PM
    The funny thing is, or rather frustrating is, you know iphone developers would have conjured up an app within days or hours for recording phone calls. Actually let's not criticizes developers, RIM is at fault here.

Am new to BB's, and I've been going through the menu like a mad dog today trying to find a record option during an important call without success. Came here to ask where I can bloody find the recording option, only to find this thread!

Unbelievable.
    09-16-10 12:30 AM
    It has been 3 years and still the same...
    10-19-10 10:31 AM
    This website is claiming to do everything that we want: Blackberry Call Recorder

It even says its free and features everything.

I have been looking at this site from last 2-3 weeks waiting for December 1st when they said they will be launching.

But *sigh* - I think they have now realized that its not possible and the site is not being updated now.
    12-06-10 11:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure that's just scam
    12-31-10 08:49 PM
    This website is claiming to do everything that we want: Blackberry Call Recorder

It even says its free and features everything.

I have been looking at this site from last 2-3 weeks waiting for December 1st when they said they will be launching.

But *sigh* - I think they have now realized that its not possible and the site is not being updated now.
    They say they store all your calls on their database - would you seriously want that?
    12-31-10 11:24 PM
    i will really need this app when it comes out....
    01-02-11 04:52 AM
    Dear Jesus,

Please make a voice call recorder for my 9700 bold blackberry..

Amen

Is still going on.. WHY OH WHY is there no app for this..
    01-05-11 01:25 PM
    no luck till now
    01-07-11 06:15 AM
    Just to set the record straight on the law here for those that wish to beat the dead horse more.

The legality of a person recording a phone conversation depends on his/her participation in the call. Is He/She one of the callers? If so then no law exists preventing He/She from recording the call, legal use of the recorded conversation after the fact largely depends on whether or not the other party in the call knew the recording was being made, by a audible acknowledgment in the recording that the party not doing the recording knew it was being made.

Most States have laws governing the recording of conversations on business lines, and this is often why you hear "This call may be recorded for quality assurance" or some other form of notification, in this case most States assume the privacy rules are out the window, if you record your side and the business does not, yet you have their recording statement on your audio, fair game, no expectation of privacy can be made.

All of the laws prohibiting the recording of phone conversations really have one component in common, a Third Party, not in the call, unannounced. This is the "interception" term you most often read in statute.

Example:

Mary calls Sally and the 2 have a conversation, Jim by whatever mechanism he chooses to do so, records their private conversation. Whether Jim decides to use it or not is not even at issue yet and the results of it's use will generate additional counts of legal reciprocity. But by merely recording the call in the first place he has committed numerous Federal and State violations all of which carry heavy penalties.

So all this "it is illegal to record YOUR call" is BS, it is illegal to record another party(s) call through means of interception mechanisms.
    02-16-11 03:46 PM
    Just to set the record straight on the law here for those that wish to beat the dead horse more.

The legality of a person recording a phone conversation depends on his/her participation in the call. Is He/She one of the callers? If so then no law exists preventing He/She from recording the call, legal use of the recorded conversation after the fact largely depends on whether or not the other party in the call knew the recording was being made, by a audible acknowledgment in the recording that the party not doing the recording knew it was being made.

Most States have laws governing the recording of conversations on business lines, and this is often why you hear "This call may be recorded for quality assurance" or some other form of notification, in this case most States assume the privacy rules are out the window, if you record your side and the business does not, yet you have their recording statement on your audio, fair game, no expectation of privacy can be made.

All of the laws prohibiting the recording of phone conversations really have one component in common, a Third Party, not in the call, unannounced. This is the "interception" term you most often read in statute.

Example:

Mary calls Sally and the 2 have a conversation, Jim by whatever mechanism he chooses to do so, records their private conversation. Whether Jim decides to use it or not is not even at issue yet and the results of it's use will generate additional counts of legal reciprocity. But by merely recording the call in the first place he has committed numerous Federal and State violations all of which carry heavy penalties.

So all this "it is illegal to record YOUR call" is BS, it is illegal to record another party(s) call through means of interception mechanisms.
    Actually, some state laws require consent from both parties to record a call.
    And there are exceptions at least to federal wiretapping for interceptions made in the ordinary course of business, so long as the device is telephonic, connected by or to the facilities of a wire service provider, and the call is recorded in the ordinary course of business (which would vary depending on whether it was a business or a personal interception. I'm in the midst of a freakin brief on this very subject.
    02-16-11 06:00 PM
233 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD