05-12-12 01:23 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I just use Grand Central/Google Voice and can press 4 at anytime to record a call. It makes an announcement that it is now recording which takes care of any legal issues, and saves it on google servers that I can access from any PC. Not quite as handy as saving to the SD card, but it is free and works really well.
    Plus it has several other nifty features that I would use even if I wasnt using call recording.
    04-02-09 09:15 AM
    I think a shaver would be nice too!
    04-03-09 01:44 PM
    bumb... maybe something new in 5.0??
    04-14-09 10:09 AM
    This page has several programs (around$45) that will record similar to the callrec that treo uses...anyone familar with them...Im hesitant to switch to a BB from my treo without knowing if I can easily record.
    T
    04-30-09 03:54 PM
    Im new to the forum so it wont let me post a link... but I found it on the "filebuzz" software site...
    04-30-09 03:58 PM
    This page has several programs (around$45) that will record similar to the callrec that treo uses...anyone familar with them...Im hesitant to switch to a BB from my treo without knowing if I can easily record.
    T
    there is nothing..sorry
    04-30-09 04:07 PM
    It looks like mVoice has a Blackberry version now.

Gonna use the trial & see what happens.
    05-05-09 01:36 PM
    If anyone find this one this would be like hitting lotto.
    05-05-09 03:33 PM
    This thread has been going for two years, I highly doubt there's going to be anything coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 08:31 PM
    This thread has been going for two years, I highly doubt there's going to be anything coming.

I just now realized that.

05-05-09 10:20 PM
    I downloaded the trial of mVoice for my 8330 and it does not record calls. Another one bites the dust.
    05-06-09 09:40 AM
    Well, I've been checking back and forth here and at howardforums since last Sept when I first got a Curve, returned it the next day, then the same thing in Nov with a Storm.

The lack of being able to record calls was one of my three reasons with both phones were (which is a necessity for me -- I'm in my car as much as I'm out and would have to stop countless times to write work-related info down -- my "dumbphones" have always allowed me to record the other person, which is all I really need). The other two were <160 character texts, which looks like Beyond160 will take care of, and the lack of Chaperone, which will be covered by GoogleMaps/Latitude.

mVoice's site says (tried to post the link, but my post count is still too low ), and a video demo also shows, that calls can be recorded. I'm now holding out for either the Tour or the Storm 2, and this will be the final deciding factor.

Has anyone else tried it?
    05-07-09 08:32 PM
    I tried mvoice on the Bold. As was said above, I think it records through the mike but only what it can hear from the speaker. I don't think it is a direct recording of the audio stream.
    05-07-09 08:51 PM
    any update?
    05-08-09 02:12 AM
    Well, I'm a stubborn person, and really want the Tour or Storm2 this year, and just can't believe this ability isn't there somewhere. I tried mVoice on my husband's Storm last night. Being stubborn doesn't help

Tried it with a few calls, it would look like it was recording. Then when you went back to play them, the list of "recorded calls" would be there, but they were all empty. It also froze the Storm the three separate times I went to the "list", requiring a battery pull each time.

Meh.
    05-08-09 09:48 AM
    In some states itís illegal to kill people using a gun, thatís never stopped gun manufactures. Recording a conversation is a joke in comparison. Where are all developers?
    05-13-09 01:02 PM
    I agree, this should be a no brainer. I usually don't get all uppity about demanding apps but this is my exception.

05-13-09 08:55 PM
    I just read through this entire 2-year long thread & I'm amazed that nothing is out there yet. I know I've seen other threads claiming that RIM likes to get input from CB.
    RIM ARE YOU EFFING LISTENING YET??!!

05-14-09 09:43 PM
    If RIM listened, they'd have a phone that does this...

AND...

One that has decent system memory, OR that uses media card for Apps, AND DOESN'T have memory leakage issues, that vibrates and rings at the same time, lights up on an email or text, that has a decent multi alarm, and about ten other common things that should be OS borne in a SMART phone and not requiring lil 10 dollar programs to do simple tasks, and that suck up system memory where you have to pull the battery everyday...

Aaaagh....
    05-14-09 10:22 PM
    Certainly agree, a MISSED app. when going from Palm Treo to the blackberry!
    05-17-09 11:35 AM
    VR+ is the only item i can think that would achieve this, and you would need to be on speakerphone for it to fully work, but in any case, recording people on phones is illegal in some states without informing the person you are recording them and hem consenting to it, so if your planning on using it as evidence it's in admissable lol
    Nearly all states allow recording of a phone conversation so long as one party (ie, you) knows it's happening -- ie, the laws are designed to prevent wiretapping by third parties, not one party recording their own call. A handful of states forbid recording of calls unless both sides consent -- Nevada's one -- but I'm not sure whether those laws would stand up if tested against the Interstate Commerce Clause, ie, whether they could be enforced against someone calling FROM a state that allows such recording. Forums won't let me include a link (too new to forums), but you'll find more info if you go to rcfp dot org slash taping slash "Can We Tape?"
    05-17-09 06:31 PM
    I did a Google search for 'BlackBerry call record' you can too.

I found these resources.

Blackberry Call Recorder - Call/Extended Recorder for S60 Devices The best call screener for your BlackBerry.

Download VR+: Voice Recorder (BlackBerry) 2.4.5 for Blackberry Free Trial - Softpedia
    WARNING! The first link on the previous post -- Blackberry Call Recorder -- lit up my antivirus like a Mormon cop pulling over a weaving Porsche with out of state plates on New Year's Eve!!!
    05-17-09 06:46 PM
    after doing some reading it seems that googles grand central or google voice allows this.
    this link shows their website even though its now out yet and i can't find anyway to sign up for the bate it dose state that by pressing 4 it will record your call. but only when using your google #
    but still it looks pretty cool
    here's the link

Features : Recording phone calls - Google Voice Help

and yes my old LG 8300 and later on 8350 both had cell record. and helped me win a case against my old land lord when he tried to sew me and my wife.

i really hope some one finds a way soon.

also a long time ago my mom purchased a little device that stuck to the back of your phone to record calls with using a tape recorder.
    i can see how that might work.
    but who wants to carry an old tape recorder around with them?
    05-25-09 04:29 AM
    123spoof app has a call record option, but only if you have an account. I can't get the 'account signup' link to work. The link refreshes the 123spoof mobile page.
    I've emailed support and am hoping to be able to test this app's call record function.
    The link is 123SPOOF Mobile
    I saw it tonight on another thread.

05-26-09 12:29 AM
    try this out, been meaning to try it myself says it has it, when you click on blackberry, i use there FaceCall

bigtincan.com is the link
    05-26-09 10:30 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD