05-12-12 01:23 PM
233 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Wow I'm almost suprised thete is such an application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:21 PM
    guys, there will never be a call recorder app because RIM locks down the ability for software to access the speaker....so it is up to RIM to make this happen, not developers

and to everyone else using the law as an excuse, there is a software called CallRec for Treos and many dumbphones have a native application for this, SO STOP USING THE LAW AS A SMOKE SCREEN...it is very annoying...sheesh

All you need is a warning sign where you have to click ok notifying you of the law
    02-16-09 01:39 AM
    Latest salvo from MotionApps...

We are not able to give any estimates ? we are working hard on this, but we still did not determine a release date nor we can predict how the process will go (or should I say how smooth the process will go ? will this feature give fully functional results at testing or will it demand some further development; will those potential interventions take a day or a week etc.). This is why we would rather not give dates (because we would like to stick to what we say, and at this point, we are not able to guarantee for our estimates).

However, it is good to know that there is such interest among you guys ? let me know if you would like me to let you know when it?s released, or which forum to post news to.

Best Regards,
    Danijela
    they are BS'ing...they can't do it unless RIM allows them access
    02-16-09 01:40 AM
    omg almost 2 years without a fix! this is terrible!
    02-27-09 07:36 PM
    There apparently will never be a "fix" until RIM opens up access to the OS. Oh well, it was worth a try.
    02-28-09 10:11 AM
    they are BS'ing...they can't do it unless RIM allows them access
    So did you try it?
    mVoice - BlackBerry Handheld Software - powered by Handango
    02-28-09 04:14 PM
    Uh, No....

Requirements
    Requires Centro, Treo 650, Treo 680 , Treo 700p or Treo 755p and SD card for storing recordings

Compatible Devices
    Verizon Palm Treo 700p, Palm Treo 700p, Sprint Palm Treo 755p, AT&T Palm Centro, AT&T Palm Treo 680, AT&T Palm Treo 650, Sprint Palm Centro, Palm Centro, Palm Treo 755p, Verizon Palm Treo 755p, Palm Treo 650, Alltel Palm Treo 650, Alltel Palm Treo 700p, Alltel Palm Treo 755p, Verizon Palm Centro, Palm Treo 680
    02-28-09 04:45 PM
    Uh, No....

Requirements
    Requires Centro, Treo 650, Treo 680 , Treo 700p or Treo 755p and SD card for storing recordings

Compatible Devices
    Verizon Palm Treo 700p, Palm Treo 700p, Sprint Palm Treo 755p, AT&T Palm Centro, AT&T Palm Treo 680, AT&T Palm Treo 650, Sprint Palm Centro, Palm Centro, Palm Treo 755p, Verizon Palm Treo 755p, Palm Treo 650, Alltel Palm Treo 650, Alltel Palm Treo 700p, Alltel Palm Treo 755p, Verizon Palm Centro, Palm Treo 680
    Strange as their hp shows a downloadable version for BB's :
    mVoice

But alas no conversation recording it seems :
    * Record sound files directly on BlackBerry device
    * Store recordings in the main memory or external SD card
    * Play recordings
    * Append existing recordings
    * Move sound files between main memory and SD card
    * Recording duration limited only by available memory or SD card free space
    * Send a recording via email
    * Intuitive and easy to use UI
    03-01-09 04:40 AM
    Just wanted to update you on the call recording feature: 123SPOOF Mobile - Blackberry Spoofing App Powered by 123SPOOF.com
    03-04-09 02:56 PM
    that charges $$....
    03-04-09 04:33 PM
    mvoice for blackberry does exist.. but it doesnt record calls.
    03-04-09 05:48 PM
    yea....unfortunately, no call recorder will exist unles you pay for a 3rd party app that will reroute your phone call through their servers

or if RIM allows this to occur, so we don't have to rely on 3rd party sites for their servers
    03-04-09 05:49 PM
    or we could trick our phones into using unsigned apis and create an app based off the restricted apis.

not 100% sure how to do that.. but im sure its possible.
    03-04-09 07:11 PM
    I used a call recorder on my voyager everyday. It could only record my customer giving me new details about themselves. I haven't found anything yet. I understand that the law on recording a conversation is illegal only IF you are NOT part of the conversation. The built-in voice Notes (recorder) on the Storm pauses whenever you attempt to do any other application including phone calls w. or w/o speakerphone. I hope that BB makes an adjustment in the software.

I recently switch from a Treo to a BB. My favorite software on the Treo was CallRec. This software allowed the Treo to function as a stand alone voice recorder. However, CallRec would also record both sides of a phone conversation directly to the SD card.

I have looked through all BB software offerings and have not found anything remotely similar.

It is difficult to believe nothing like this exists. Am I missing it somewhere. I appreciate any help.
    03-06-09 06:44 PM
    I also own a voice recorder but I got spoiled by my Voyager allowing me to just hit the "space key" and "ok" key to record to my micro sd. Besides I already got too many items in my top pocket and on my Batman belt.

I'm in outside sales too. What I use is a combination of a small paper notepad (or sticky notes) on the dash board to jot a fast note if someone gives me a phone number or product #. Then I use Jott to send myself an email with the info, which I can then copy and paste later on into my Tasks app.

One other trick I used to use was to carry a digital recorder in the car... I'd tape my side of the phone conversation and repeat info out loud ("So you want me to send 14783654 to you...") so the recorder would capture the info. Not as elegant as a single button press but still worked for times when I couldn't grab a note and a pen.

Try Jott, though -- it's truly changed how I use my Blackberry and I highly recommend it.

Eric

03-06-09 06:48 PM
    The Verizon LGVoyager had it Built-in, just hit the space bar then OK button, when you see the timer counting you are recording to your micro SD. It's very easy and its a built-in feature/function.

all through their servers

or if RIM allows this to occur, so we don't have to rely on 3rd party sites for their servers[/QUOTE]
    03-06-09 06:57 PM
    At the risk of being stoned by all you staunch blackberry advocates, I'd like to report that as a 3-year curve, pearl, and 8703e veteran, I have finally "upgraded" to a Centro and lost my beloved instant email deliveries. I only used the bb for my personal email, so I decided the data plan wasn't worth paying for. The first thing I did with my centro is install CallRec, and now I seriously don't understand why I was such a close-minded blackberry fan for so long. The email was great, but that's about it. CallRec on the centro works absolutely perfectly. I can archive all my calls (and text messages, for that matter) on my computer and burn them on disc if I want, and the thing has never crashed on me yet. Recording quality is fantastic, and everything is labeled by date, time, and phone number. Unfortunately, with my Verizon centro, CallRec doesn't record the other party when I'm on my bluetooth headset, but that's about the only caveat I've found. It is really nice to have an archive of all my calls. The next time my credit card company tells me my 0% introductory rate was only for 3 months, I can go back in my archive and find the name of the person I spoke with and all the details of the conversation. Sure the recording might not hold up in court, but at least I have a record of everything that was said without having to write notes every time I'm on the phone and then try to find them 6 months later.
    I am also happy to part with the 3-minute boot-up time of the blackberry; the centro boots in about 20 seconds. I do miss the email and the spacious keyboard of my old curve, but for now, call recording capability has been the final straw that lured me out of the RIM league and into the enemy camp.
    03-09-09 11:28 PM
    Three-minute boot-up for your BlackBerry?? My humble 8830 takes about 10 seconds.

I dearly missed the call recording feature when I upgraded from a Nextel to the BB, and hopefully a workaround will be made in BlackBerry hardware/software.

As for switching to Palm, I have been a staunch Palm PDA user (not Treo) for some years, In a number of ways it's great, but be aware that Palm has officially abandoned it's old OS completely, and 3rd party app support will eventually dry up. You will sooner or later find yourself looking to move to yet another platform.
    03-10-09 06:36 AM
    My 8330 also takes about 3 minutes to boot up

I used to have the 700p and recorded nearly every call to a 800 number because you never know when they went back on their word

However, the benefits of the berry outweigh the cons
    03-10-09 08:42 AM
    So how much is to use the third party app? But it forwards calls to another server? Wtf? Not cool I just want it to be private. And I thought the law was that its illigal to do it without telling the person that you are recording them?

03-10-09 09:14 AM
    There is no API available to developers to record phone calls, in future versions it may be implemented...
    03-12-09 12:33 PM
    bump . . .
    04-01-09 04:02 PM
    My friend was just telling me about call recording on some crappy Nokia phone, and I realized that I could never have it.
    04-01-09 11:22 PM
    A program from 123SPOOF - Change your Caller ID on the Phone not only allows you to record calls, but it also lets you change your caller ID. I have used both features and they work very well. Additionally, they have a feature that allows you to change your voice (I haven't tried it). It does cost to use this program, but the good thing is that you can turn it on/off for each individual call.
    04-02-09 02:14 AM
    but you have to pay $$ to record with 123spoof^^
    04-02-09 08:14 AM
233 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD