I recently switch from a Treo to a BB. My favorite software on the Treo was CallRec. This software allowed the Treo to function as a stand alone voice recorder. However, CallRec would also record both sides of a phone conversation directly to the SD card.

I have looked through all BB software offerings and have not found anything remotely similar.

It is difficult to believe nothing like this exists. Am I missing it somewhere. I appreciate any help.
    08-30-07 08:56 PM
    VR+ is the only item i can think that would achieve this, and you would need to be on speakerphone for it to fully work, but in any case, recording people on phones is illegal in some states without informing the person you are recording them and hem consenting to it, so if your planning on using it as evidence it's in admissable lol
    08-31-07 05:54 AM
    I don't want to use a recorded phone call against anyone. I am in outside sales and often receive phone calls while driving. People are giving me information that needs to be written down. While dirving, I simple press one button to record the call then replay later under safer conditions to write the information down.

I am familiar with the recorder you mentioned, but it will not record a phone conversation.
    08-31-07 12:04 PM
    I'm in outside sales too. What I use is a combination of a small paper notepad (or sticky notes) on the dash board to jot a fast note if someone gives me a phone number or product #. Then I use Jott to send myself an email with the info, which I can then copy and paste later on into my Tasks app.

One other trick I used to use was to carry a digital recorder in the car... I'd tape my side of the phone conversation and repeat info out loud ("So you want me to send 14783654 to you...") so the recorder would capture the info. Not as elegant as a single button press but still worked for times when I couldn't grab a note and a pen.

Try Jott, though -- it's truly changed how I use my Blackberry and I highly recommend it.

Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-07 09:19 AM
    Just wanted to bump this post as I am also looking for a program that can record both side of a conversation. Any exist yet?
    10-12-07 10:51 AM
    Grand Central has a record feature...but you would have to have everyone call your GC# then have GC forward calls to you.
    12-15-07 06:56 PM
    any news on call recording software?
    07-28-08 11:11 PM
    I'm going to search Getjar.com and see if there is one there written in Java. If there is, I should be able to convert it to work with the blackberry OS.

If anyone finds one let me know.
    Its time to get this over and done with.

Dm
    07-29-08 07:22 AM
    Man, this would be an awesome application. I'm almost positive there is a way to do this free but its through a site.
    07-30-08 02:32 AM
    Well, I tried converting "Mutoview" to blackberry format and got and error... "Uncaught Exception thrown in a midlet constructor".

I'll keep looking...
    Does anyone know if a particular model of Nokia runs the same level of JAVA that our phones do??

Dm
    07-30-08 08:37 AM
    07-30-08 09:11 AM
    If someone tests one of the free versions, let me know.
    07-30-08 09:22 AM
    I was hoping that the "Voice Notes recorder" in the 4.5 OS would do it. No deal..

Seems like a logical option. Sigh...
    07-30-08 09:38 AM
    Corporate /= Logical
    07-30-08 01:23 PM
    *bump
    I too would like an app that records phone conversations.
    08-14-08 03:12 PM
    hmm...
    Last edited by kstoutdog; 08-15-08 at 10:04 AM.
    08-15-08 09:13 AM
    recording a phone call is not allowed by the blackberry's security guidelines ... so it seems this will not be possible anytime soon ...
    08-15-08 11:15 AM
    Hey right, like app developers actualy care about that! lol
    08-15-08 11:19 AM
    recording a phone call is not allowed by the blackberry's security guidelines ... so it seems this will not be possible anytime soon ...
    where did you get this information? Can you direct me to "blackberry's security guidlines" ?
    08-15-08 12:00 PM
    Check out the cell tap at jkaudio.com
    08-15-08 01:44 PM
    Check out the cell tap at jkaudio.com
    why in the world would you want to pay $79 for a bulky piece of hardware to record calls, when the dumbest of dumb phones out there can do it via software for free.
    My old samsung A930 could record a call with the press of a button.
    08-15-08 03:32 PM
    I've always been surprised atthe amount of things my old dumb phones did that my BB smartphone is sorely lacking in...
    08-15-08 03:38 PM
    I've always been surprised atthe amount of things my old dumb phones did that my BB smartphone is sorely lacking in...
    I totally agree! simple things... like a flash light, photo cropper, call recorder, group lists for mass sms... ect...
    08-15-08 03:45 PM
    Even simpler stuff like lighting the display up when a text comes in, having more than ONE setting for the alarm, vibrating and ringing at the same time... And THEN not giving you ample memory to to install software that does it. And then of course, the same software conflicts with each other somewhat here and there.

Sigh...

Just like Crack, something you're addicted to and lotsa bad stuff that comes with it, hahaha....
    08-15-08 04:02 PM
    Even simpler stuff like lighting the display up when a text comes in, having more than ONE setting for the alarm, vibrating and ringing at the same time... And THEN not giving you ample memory to to install software that does it. And then of course, the same software conflicts with each other somewhat here and there.

Sigh...

Just like Crack, something you're addicted to and lotsa bad stuff that comes with it, hahaha....
    Sometimes, only sometimes....

dumber is better...

Dm
    08-15-08 04:13 PM
233 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD