just read that os 5.0 wont have the api's for it either =(
    06-21-09 09:10 PM
    just read that os 5.0 wont have the api's for it either =(
    Ugh, really? I was holding out hope that it would. That's a disappointment.
    06-22-09 11:12 AM
    When it's released:
    LINK IS HERE:google.com/googlevoice/about.html#]Google Voice[/url]
    07-01-09 02:12 PM
    When it's released:
    LINK IS HERE:Google Voice
    I'm confused (or being thick) about how it works. Do you have to use a different cell phone number (assigned by google)? Or can you keep your own cell (VZW for me) number?
    07-01-09 09:00 PM
    When it's released:
    LINK IS HERE:google.com/googlevoice/about.html#]Google Voice[/url]
    i already have google voice....it only records incoming calls when you press number 4....it can't be used for outgoing calls

I'm confused (or being thick) about how it works. Do you have to use a different cell phone number (assigned by google)? Or can you keep your own cell (VZW for me) number?
    you get a number from google...which is your permanent number...you can set it to forward to your sprint number automatically, giving you enhanced features such as being able to screen voicemails (googles instead of sprints)
    07-02-09 02:56 AM
    ...you get a number from google...which is your permanent number......
    That would be impossible for me then, I've had my number for over 10 years -- even the thought of the monumental job changing my phone number in all the places/with all the people I need to is overwhelming. But thanks tho.
    07-02-09 07:34 AM
    That would be impossible for me then, I've had my number for over 10 years -- even the thought of the monumental job changing my phone number in all the places/with all the people I need to is overwhelming. But thanks tho.
    you are missing the point of google voice...that is a number you provide when you have to fill out web forms or give your number ot businesse's.......this way you are not giving your real number out
    07-02-09 06:23 PM
    you are missing the point of google voice...that is a number you provide when you have to fill out web forms or give your number ot businesse's.......this way you are not giving your real number out
    It was recommended as an option to record calls for those of us who wish to do so on our existing cell phones. So it apparently shouldn't be offered as an alternative/option for a "Call Recorder" then, no?
    07-02-09 10:11 PM
    This just sucks that we can not do this. I wonder if I should just carry my other phone with me and add it as a second line and use it for phone calls and a new blackberry for everything else. Thoughts?
    07-12-09 02:50 PM
    I found this on some other thread. "Berry Record" can record the conversation, its only $2 application.

But seems it is only for Storm now.

Is there any similar app for Curve 8900?

Here is the link
    Berry Record | Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software
    07-27-09 04:32 PM
    I found this on some other thread. "Berry Record" can record the conversation, its only $2 application.

But seems it is only for Storm now.

Is there any similar app for Curve 8900?

Here is the link
    Berry Record | Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software
    this program only allows you to record your own voice while on a phone call...it still won't record the other person voice (output from the actual speaker)...

it will only take input through the microphone. This is hardwired into the OS and there is no way around it untill RIM opens up its API's
    07-27-09 04:41 PM
    this program only allows you to record your own voice while on a phone call...it still won't record the other person voice (output from the actual speaker)...

it will only take input through the microphone. This is hardwired into the OS and there is no way around it untill RIM opens up its API's
    Yea, I figured that out later that it is only "voice recorder" not the "call recorder". I just went through the user comment section there and it made me cry.
    07-28-09 03:24 PM
    Amazing all the thigs tried here and still no luck..... did anyone try this?

VR+: Voice Recorder (BlackBerry) 2.5.5 for Blackberry Free Trial - Turn your BlackBerry into a dictaphone! Make voice recordings and e-mail them in MP3 format. Upload voice messages to the free online storage

Sorry I can not post links.

Maybe I missed the answer, sorry if I did
    08-02-09 12:16 AM
    the only program that comes close is berry record. it allows you to record voice notes WHILE using the phone. you cant use the voice recorder app that comes with the phone while you are using the phone.
    08-02-09 03:47 PM
    Jeez, when will RIM come into the 21st century? Even my poopy old Palm Treo 700wx with winmo could do this. I wouldn't use it all the time, just when my ex-wife called. Now I cannot record any calls with my 8330. Bummer, but I still wouldn't go back to that piece of **** device.
    Do current HTC Winmo devices record calls? What about the Iphone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 07:14 PM
    To be more specific, the 700wx didn't do this out of the box but I had some purchased a software program that allowed me to record calls.

08-19-09 07:16 PM
    I don't want to kick a dead horse, but I have an idea.

What about a petition? Specifically, an online petition. I would write a petition, but I'm not a technical personality and don't know all the details and specifics of what it would take to get a call recorder for the BlackBerry, but I'd sure sign one. I googled online petitions and came up with:

www.ipetition.com
    and
    PetitionOnline.com - Free Online Petition Hosting

I didn't mean to drag up an old thread, just a thought?
    Last edited by AndiDavis82; 08-21-09 at 02:04 AM.
    08-21-09 01:55 AM
    yea man...go for it...ill definitely sign and promote it....
    08-21-09 02:08 AM
    I don't want to kick a dead horse, but I have an idea.
    No, this should never become a dead horse until RIM actually does something about this. It is a major disappointment Blackberry's don't have this feature yet. I wish people would bump this thread ad infinitum until RIM does something. At the very least, they owe loyal customers an explanation as to why they don't support this feature. Not just all the random guessing and sys admins who don't want to be bothered with another feature you read around the internet.

I'm not going to bother going and doing some petition. But, if someone does, make sure to include a promise that the page will be updated with a link to instructions on how to use the feature when RIM does get off their ***.

I'm a developer who several times, every time I get upset with something RIM's done, I think about the lack of this feature and how lazy it makes them look. Makes me want to jump ship.
    09-05-09 11:30 PM
    It is illegal to record a call without letting the other party know you are recording the call, by the way.

If you want to get sued go ahead, its up to you. Nor does RIM want to be sued for offering this feature.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-10-09 07:56 AM
    Does anyone have anymore information on this?

I need to use this type of a free app on my storm asap.
    I need to record both the caller and myself.

(People are calling me for another person and the only way to get them to stop is if I can get a recording of the calls)

Need help!

Thanks
    09-10-09 08:09 AM
    It is illegal to record a call without letting the other party know you are recording the call, by the way.

If you want to get sued go ahead, its up to you. Nor does RIM want to be sued for offering this feature.

Thnx, �Tripster�

its only illegal in 12 out of 50 states...learn some law before posting blatant excuses...we have all heard that one before

Also, why don't you try reading this thread before posting? it has already been covered

there is something called 1 party and 2 party consent
    09-10-09 11:12 AM
    Is this someone with wishful thinking editing Wikipedia, or could this contain a hint of truth...

"BlackBerry Messenger

Newer BlackBerry devices use the proprietary Blackberry Messenger, also known as BBM, software for sending and receiving text messages via Blackberry PIN. There is also the BlackBerry Alliance programme of partners who work under contract with Research In Motion to innovate new applications to differentiate the BlackBerry solution. Typical applications include mobile call recording, digital dictation, GPS tracking, CRM and expense management."

Wikipedia - BlackBerry PIN
    09-15-09 11:44 PM
    Is this someone with wishful thinking editing Wikipedia, or could this contain a hint of truth...

"BlackBerry Messenger

Newer BlackBerry devices use the proprietary Blackberry Messenger, also known as BBM, software for sending and receiving text messages via Blackberry PIN. There is also the BlackBerry Alliance programme of partners who work under contract with Research In Motion to innovate new applications to differentiate the BlackBerry solution. Typical applications include mobile call recording, digital dictation, GPS tracking, CRM and expense management."

Wikipedia - BlackBerry PIN
    I edited that Wiki ...LOL
    09-16-09 12:32 AM
    I edited that Wiki ...LOL
    Awwwww, that was mean!
    09-16-09 10:14 AM
233 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD