Could anybody list the old phones that support recording?
    There are a few occasions when I would have found this very useful and would like to see if I could pick one up on eBay for the odd occasion.
    Thank you
    (older/cheaper the better)
    05-27-09 09:47 AM
    I too have CallRec on my old Treo 680. It is a crutch but until RIM opens up parts of the API that allows voice recording during phone call, I am putting my Bold on speakerphone while my Treo 680 is recording side-by-side. The way Brian Mills did it when her daughter was being abducted in "Taken"
    06-03-09 09:15 PM
    Could anybody list the old phones that support recording?
    There are a few occasions when I would have found this very useful and would like to see if I could pick one up on eBay for the odd occasion.
    Thank you
    (older/cheaper the better)
    Just about every dumbphone out there. My old, old, old LG VX6100 did it, followed by my VX8100, VX8300, enV, VX8700, Voyager... I know my daughter's Venus does as well as her previous Chocolate 3.

The more I follow the pre-release threads on the Tour, the more I am certain I am buying it, but rely so heavily on voice recorder that I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. While driving I can always forward incoming calls to a second dumbphone that I have, but that won't be any help for outgoing calls that I make from the Tour. And I really don't want to toggle between two phones anyway.

I seriously can't believe this isn't basic function of smartphones!
    Last edited by sandra_17; 06-03-09 at 09:37 PM.
    06-03-09 09:35 PM
    please send me call recording sowftware for blackberry bold 900
    06-07-09 02:40 PM
    please send me call recording sowftware for blackberry bold 900
    Yes sir, right away.

There's not an app that can do this yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 05:59 PM
    I am wondering a Blackberry Bold or Iphone 3G. And I also consider phone call record as a very important function.
    If any phone call record AP can't be found, I will choose Iphone 3G.
    I miss you, Blackberry bold. You are attractive, however...
    06-08-09 10:25 AM
    You will have it in the next couple of weeks.
    Recorded Calls Home Page
    I know this is an old thread, but did this ever pan out?
    06-09-09 12:02 AM
    nope not yet.
    06-10-09 03:26 AM
    So at this point there's still no application that lets you record both sides of a convo on a blackberry...without out all that stupid call forwarding crap?

There's threads dating back to '07 about this, in fact this may be one of them. How is there not an app, or 30 apps, by now that can do this?

Can anyone confirm via link or copy/paste that RIM is the reason we don't have a call recording feature or application yet? I can't seem to find a legit source that states RIM has any sort of restriction regarding call recording on their devices...and if they do, how could they limit what my 8130 is used for, especially when most states these days allow 1party consent when recording?
    06-11-09 06:22 PM
    really amazed that there is not something available, I am even willing to pay !!

Seems the GrandCentral, no owned by Google Voice (yet not avail at present) can will it, but adds some complexity.

Hoping it comes soon. Optimistic...
    06-11-09 10:39 PM
    With 2ish years of numerous threads being posted about this request, countless numbers of people wanting it...you'd think there'd be a large number of legit apps that could do this task.

I'm still trying to find out if RIM has some sort of thing in place that keeps an app from recording a conversation like the dumbphones do. If they are blocking it...I don't even know what to say to that, that's something that Apple would do!
    06-12-09 03:26 AM
    I really appreciate everyone else's efforts to find a good recording app. It sounds like you've really saved me from wasting a bunch of time, and I thank you for that.

I just got my first Blackberry (after being super impressed with my fiancee's Pearl). I am just as disappointed as others rearding this seemingly glaring oversight on RIM's part.

Speaking as a police officer, it is NOT illegal (in my state) to record any type of conversation, so long as the "recorder" is part of the conversation, and/or there is a warrant issued from a judge, and/or the recording was made with the consent of the party/parties involved (eg: voicemail, etc.). I record almost every conversation I have on-duty (including telephone) and some of the ones I have off-duty. All of these conversations are admissible in court so long as the person making the recording can testify that the recording is a "true and accurate recording of what was said / took place" (otherwise the recording would be hearsay).

If RIM is reading this, I beg you to open up your OS to allow access to the speaker. I dread the thought of going back to all those tangles of wires (at least the BB has a 3.5mm 4-pin jack) and a digital audio recorder. RIM, the small security risk posed by allowing such access is easily outweighed by the tremendous benefit this would provide to the end-user.

That's my $0.02
    06-12-09 11:12 PM
    Grand Central has a record feature...but you would have to have everyone call your GC# then have GC forward calls to you.
    OR, you can do what I do, and unconditionally forward all your calls to your Google phone number, giving you access to all the cool little Google features, including call recording.

Hope that helps.....

Peace
    06-14-09 08:34 AM
    It might not even be a limitation of the OS. The hardware architecture might not foresee the application processor tapping the far-end audio from the baseband chip.

06-14-09 10:53 AM
    Try the Bluff My Call app in the App Store. You pay a couple of bucks a month for it, but it will record the call.
    06-14-09 04:24 PM
    Here is a free solution to record all your outgoing calls, don't even need an app to do it.

On your pc, go to simple private real-time sharing and collaboration by drop.io Sign up for a free account. Create a new "drop". Give it any name that is meaningful for you. Under templates, use the "Phone" template, but you don't have to use this one. If you like, when creating the drop, make the drop private by giving it a password so only you can access it. drop.io is a file sharing site by design so give password for privacy.
    When you've created the drop, look on the right side of the screen. You'll see a label "Voicemail" with a 646 telephone number with extension number. Add the whole number, with extension, as a contact on your bb.
    Now, call that number and after the greeting it will start recording.
    Simply 3 way call any number you like and the entire conversation will be recorded as mp3 in this drop.io website address, for you to download, email, link to, etc. You will get 400 minutes of recording time. But, if you're downloading and deleting it can go on forever.
    Not a perfect solution. Takes a bit of planning, but it does work very well.

For inbound calls, until GV is open. Go to sipgate | Can your phone do this? They'll give you a US telephone number that you can receive calls on for free for life. Great if you use VOIP at home, too. Not all area codes are avail yet but more are coming. They're in open beta.
    Anyway, they give you 200 free forwarding minutes when you sign up in order forward calls to your cell. *6 enables and disables call recording. They have a gmail style interface where all your call logs and recordings will be stored.

Not apps but will work.
    06-19-09 02:32 AM
    Here is a free solution to record all your outgoing calls, don't even need an app to do it.

On your pc, go to simple private real-time sharing and collaboration by drop.io Sign up for a free account. Create a new "drop". Give it any name that is meaningful for you. Under templates, use the "Phone" template, but you don't have to use this one. If you like, when creating the drop, make the drop private by giving it a password so only you can access it. drop.io is a file sharing site by design so give password for privacy.
    When you've created the drop, look on the right side of the screen. You'll see a label "Voicemail" with a 646 telephone number with extension number. Add the whole number, with extension, as a contact on your bb.
    Now, call that number and after the greeting it will start recording.
    Simply 3 way call any number you like and the entire conversation will be recorded as mp3 in this drop.io website address, for you to download, email, link to, etc. You will get 400 minutes of recording time. But, if you're downloading and deleting it can go on forever.
    Not a perfect solution. Takes a bit of planning, but it does work very well.

For inbound calls, until GV is open. Go to sipgate | Can your phone do this? They'll give you a US telephone number that you can receive calls on for free for life. Great if you use VOIP at home, too. Not all area codes are avail yet but more are coming. They're in open beta.
    Anyway, they give you 200 free forwarding minutes when you sign up in order forward calls to your cell. *6 enables and disables call recording. They have a gmail style interface where all your call logs and recordings will be stored.

Not apps but will work.
    sounds like a pain in the ****..

hopefully with their new 5.0 OS, they will allow it
    06-19-09 09:42 AM
    sounds like a pain in the ****..

hopefully with their new 5.0 OS, they will allow it
    What, a 1-time sign up for a free acct or making a 3 way call? Well u might as well give it a shot 'cause call recording is not showing up on 5.0 or any other RIM updates. You know how many govt employees use these phones?

06-19-09 11:38 AM
    the only program that comes close to this is Berry Record by BerryWAV. Jdwx is correct about the voice recorder not allowing you to use it while phone is active. Berry Record bypasses that. i love it when i have to take notes while driving.
    I will be purchasing the Tour in a few weeks, and this is the one lacking feature that is really troubling me. It has been present on every "dumbphone" I've owned for years and I use it extensively, mostly work related, but personally as well.

The link for Berry Record; however, only shows it compatible with the Storm. Do you know if there are plans for versions compatible with the Tour? (I did send an email via the contact page on the BerryWAV site, but just a few minutes ago.) It looks to be exactly what I need if I'm understanding the description accurately.

Thanks.

** Just noticed that at the bottom of the "Overview" tab it lists the Storm and the "Niagara". It was on the "Compatible Devices" tab that it only said Storm. If this is correct, I will be a very happy person!
    Last edited by sandra_17; 06-19-09 at 12:33 PM. Reason: To correct the error that it may not be compatible w/the Tour.
    06-19-09 12:25 PM

The link for Berry Record; however, only shows it compatible with the Storm. D
    Thanks.
    that app just allows you to record your own voice while on a phone call, not record what's coming through the speaker
    06-19-09 12:31 PM
    that app just allows you to record your own voice while on a phone call, not record what's coming through the speaker
    Well, that was record short-lived excitement! Damn.
    06-19-09 12:44 PM
    i dont think an app has been made becasue the fact that its illegal in some parts of the world to do this
    06-19-09 01:29 PM
    i dont think an app has been made becasue the fact that its illegal in some parts of the world to do this
    nope..that's not the reason....why else would every other phone maker allow this? nokia has had more of a worldwide influence than any other phone manufacturer there is.
    06-19-09 01:59 PM
    It hasn't happened yet because it's not possible with the currently exposed RIM APIs. Developers have asked RIM for the functionality, and they have said before that they are looking into it, but there's been no indication that they're actually planning on implementing it.

The only solutions are those similar to google's, where you dial another number and it records the call.
    06-19-09 02:05 PM
    It hasn't happened yet because it's not possible with the currently exposed RIM APIs. Developers have asked RIM for the functionality, and they have said before that they are looking into it, but there's been no indication that they're actually planning on implementing it.

The only solutions are those similar to google's, where you dial another number and it records the call.
    unfortunately, you could only record incoming calls with google voice and it announces it with google voice
    06-19-09 02:18 PM
233 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD