If they want you to enter PH# to get discount hmm something's up and its not good.
    I've seen this kind of thing before and I think it's simply a way of securely IDing you for the discount. A request for a credit card number would be a dead giveaway for phishing. I hope this is for real, I could really use it!
    01-04-09 04:58 PM
    any word on if this site is for real or not?
    thanks for any update
    01-09-09 09:14 PM
    any word on if this site is for real or not?
    thanks for any update
    I filled out the form several weeks ago and haven't gotten any spam or anything, so I'm optimistic that it is legit.

Josh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 11:50 AM
    Any other developments on the phone recording software? There's clearly a demand for it!

And does anyone have ideas on how to record long voice memos (e.g., 40 mins)? Would love to use my cell phone to record interviews -- both on the phone and in person. Any ideas?
    01-11-09 09:55 PM
    ArGiEs

i'm with you. I'll take a stab at it and see what happens.
    01-12-09 05:11 PM
    I actually found an old Crackberry forum about this. I can't yet post URL, but it's under "does call recorder exist."

They actually mentioned some software solutions on blackberry-call-recorder [dot] qarchive [dot] org

And you can download recording software known as VR+ from Softpedia.

There's another site, though it looks like it could be a hoax:recordedcalls [dot] com

Anyway, there's clearly the demand and it *seems* like there are some possibilities out there. Anyone have any other ideas or leads...?

Thanks again...
    01-13-09 01:48 PM
    Ooops. Sorry about that... Was meant for another forum on the site, covering the same ground.
    01-13-09 01:50 PM
    I had this function on my helio ocean. It was a cool little gadget, really. The safer bet, really, is good ol pen and paper. I know outside salesmen who sit on their laptops, phone, and drive at the same time :O not safe!
    01-14-09 10:02 AM
    Are there any other software developers that might be involved in creating such recording software? There's such a clear demand for this sort of thing...
    01-14-09 11:33 AM
    Just discovered that QmobilSoft makes the exact product -- but for the Palm! If only they (or someone else) made it for Blackberry...
    01-15-09 02:26 PM
    Just FYI... THe QmobilSoft product is CallRec.
    01-15-09 02:28 PM
    Just discovered that QmobilSoft makes the exact product, known as CallRec, but for the Palm! If only they (or someone else) made it for Blackberry...
    01-15-09 02:29 PM
    By the way, the QmobilSoft app is known as CallRec. Again, it is ONLY for the Palm! If only they or someone else made it for Blackberry!!!

The QmodilSoft support folks said, "We will expand our work to other devices but I can't tell you when we will have software for Blackberry...It is because Blackberry OS has some limitations regarding call recording."

What a damn pain... And why can't Blackberry get it together!?
    01-16-09 01:37 AM
    Has anyone tried mVoice by MotionApps?
    01-16-09 03:28 PM
    Totally maddening. Am now seriously considering ditching the Blackberry 8220 and getting the new Palm Pre. Such a shame...but I really do need this feature. A bit it has proved so difficult for RIM to make it accessible. Thanks for all of your help!
    01-17-09 03:45 PM
    I love all of the free legal advice on every thread that involves a call recording app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 07:51 PM
    No. Kidding.
    01-18-09 03:40 PM
    From the good folks at MotionApps...

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of this demand in the market and we are working on a solution for a BlackBerry that will enable phone calls recording.

The reason our mVoice does not do this are hardware limitations and the fact that we are not able to influence and otherwise use BlackBerry device resources in order to make this possible.

Due to this, there is no other software that records phone calls on BlackBerry devices.

Then again, being aware of this request and because we receive this question very often, we have found a solution and it should be available soon.

Best Regards,

MotionApps Customer Support
    01-19-09 12:06 PM
    Latest salvo from MotionApps...

We are not able to give any estimates ? we are working hard on this, but we still did not determine a release date nor we can predict how the process will go (or should I say how smooth the process will go ? will this feature give fully functional results at testing or will it demand some further development; will those potential interventions take a day or a week etc.). This is why we would rather not give dates (because we would like to stick to what we say, and at this point, we are not able to guarantee for our estimates).

However, it is good to know that there is such interest among you guys ? let me know if you would like me to let you know when it?s released, or which forum to post news to.

Best Regards,
    Danijela
    01-28-09 12:20 PM
    I'd rather wait a while longer for a good release than a really buggy one sooner!

It sounds like it's a tough diamond to crack, so I'll be patient; I really want a call recording program, so when it comes out I want it to really work - and well!
    01-28-09 09:11 PM
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I fear that means I'll have to shop for a non-RIM device in order to use a phone recording feature.
    01-29-09 03:28 PM
    Just wanted to check the stauts of the call recorder software.....any news from MotionApps?
    02-11-09 07:06 PM
    Is it legal in other states to record a call without the other person's consent? I know in Maryland it's a ten year felony.
    02-12-09 11:41 AM
    Is it legal in other states to record a call without the other person's consent? I know in Maryland it's a ten year felony.
    It's the law in Florida as well; to be safe, just let 'em know what you're doing. Personally, I record my customer's directions that they give me to their residences, so I've never felt it overly critical to alert them about something that may be saved for a couple three weeks at most (and no one has ever divulged sensitive info to me while it's on!).
    02-12-09 10:47 PM
    Massachsetts General Law: Chapter 272, section 99: 5 year felony.

Except as otherwise specifically provided in this section any person who—

willfully commits an interception, attempts to commit an interception, or procures any other person to commit an interception or to attempt to commit an interception of any wire or oral communication shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or imprisoned in the state prison for not more than five years, or imprisoned in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one half years, or both so fined and given one such imprisonment.

Massachusetts is a 2 party consent state. You legally need to obtain the other persons consent before you can record their voice.
    02-12-09 11:08 PM
233 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD