So I posted a thread a few days back about Where vs Poynt and got some good replies. Thanks all!

In one of the posts, one of our Crackberry buddies mentioned they used a free app called BTSidekick. Never heard of it. So, I went and downloaded it and, I must say, it's pretty stinkin' good! OTA. No problems. Still in beta form but the website says a newer version is comin out with weather. I'm assuming it will be out of beta then too. Anyway, it's certainly worth a quick download and I'm curious to hear what people think of it. Maybe even compared to Poynt and Where... I think it should definitely compete.

BTSidekick Mobile -- Home Page

Have fun.
    09-14-09 12:14 PM
    i found BTSidekick about 2 weeks ago,, and i am getting better/more acurate results on searches with it than i got with Poynt...
    09-14-09 05:36 PM
    yea i downloaded BTsidekick about two weeks ago and was just testing different GPS apps. i really liked it alot but google maps IMO was better..BT didnt have maps just turn by turn text google had both..dont get me wrong it is a very cool app and simple to use just google maps is better for me

tcamshafter
    09-14-09 06:39 PM
    BT didnt have maps just turn by turn text google had both..
    BTSidekick has Maps & turn-by-turn directions. You can toggle between both Maps & Text directions. Simply, click on the 'Map' Icon on the Text directions screen...
    09-14-09 11:07 PM
    I think when BT gets out of beta and upgrades, it would be some nice competition for Poynt and Where.
    09-15-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD