I have the latest Berry Weather on my Storm. On the homescreen where it lists the current condition, etc, the CONDITIOn is either Sunny or Overcast. No, SNOW, RAIN, ETC. I would like to know more than if it is just cloudy. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as I am.....! It may be trivial, but I paid for the app so I expect a little more out of it then a free lite version.
    02-23-10 08:22 AM
    BerryWeather's weather source uses local stations including those in people's back yards or decks as well as professional sources. I guess it depends on who is looking out the window when the data is reported. If it's an automated backyard station, it may only report temps. I would guess someone has to supplement this with an actual observation. If you press the BB button, you can select other nearby stations - check some of those.
    02-23-10 09:03 AM
    I have the latest Berry Weather on my Storm. On the homescreen where it lists the current condition, etc, the CONDITIOn is either Sunny or Overcast. No, SNOW, RAIN, ETC. I would like to know more than if it is just cloudy. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as I am.....! It may be trivial, but I paid for the app so I expect a little more out of it then a free lite version.
    I get actual specific conditions all the time. Rain, Scattered Showers, Fog, Partly Cloudy, Snow flurries, etc...
    02-23-10 09:22 AM
    I get actual specific conditions all the time. Rain, Scattered Showers, Fog, Partly Cloudy, Snow flurries, etc...
    Same here.
    02-23-10 09:31 AM
    I never even thought about that. I switched. So let's see what happens. I was using a Virginia DOT station. Thanks all
    02-23-10 11:56 AM
    The only programm I know is WeatherBug
    02-23-10 11:58 AM
    Make sure the homescreen icon update is set so it will change when the conditions change as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 12:24 PM
    I've been using BerryWeather since v1.5. I've never gotten accurate weather with it. WeatherUnderground is notorious for inaccurate weather, not because of the company itself but because the local stations that they get their data from are either are not frequently updated or updated inaccurately. I guess that sucks for me because I've heard a lot of people saying they get great weather updates from their local stations.

I'm starting to rely more and more on weather.com's mobile site (their app is too huge). At least they're weather is always accurate. It's really sad that a easy to use, always accurate weather service isn't readily available.
    02-23-10 01:01 PM
    I've been using berryweather for a LONG time and it has always been accurate for me. I've also been using the wunderground site for a long time as well and it has also been very accurate. I have NO complaints and only praise for berryweather.
    02-23-10 04:30 PM
    I know this may sound a bit trivial, but why would you need an app to tell you if it's snowing? - Just look out of the window?

I understand the need for temperature but not conditions!
    02-23-10 05:43 PM
    My icon seems to update quite well....says light snow now. Wish the damn thing would lie to me and tell me sunny...had enough of the snow for the winter already lol. I have been very happy with berryweather and I think I have a pretty good weatherstation for me area that updates frequently.

02-23-10 06:32 PM
    I have been using BerryWeather since I've had the 9700 and it works great. Current conditions every hour. Set your update interval and location correct and it will function.
    02-23-10 06:42 PM
    I had been using Weather Bug Elite for a long time and decided to switch to Berry Weather for their Hi-Res icon's, but to my dismay, all I got was a big fat N/A where the icons should be, because NOT one of the 20 or more tracking stations in my area (Park City, UT a major ski resort town) report sky conditions. I sent an email to BW customer service to see if I could use another company's tracking stations that actually report correct and current sky conditions for my area, and they said no, I can only use Weather Underground. So I'm back to Weather Bug, which I've always enjoyed and who's tracking stations report what we all expect when we buy a weather app with home screen icons....correct sky conditions! What I was told through their forum's is that you need to check Weather Undergrounds website to see if the stations in your area actually report sky conditions if you want to use their great icon set. Wish I would have known this before!

02-23-10 09:03 PM
    really really LOVE BerryWeather. It always gives me the exact conditions right where I am and the other places I have set to check (various relatives such as some elderly ones, so I can call and check on them if need be).

Nothing but praise here for BW.
    02-23-10 11:17 PM
    Does BerryWeather use Weather Underground as it source in all locations?
    Does Berry Weather give you the wind chill or heat indext?

TIA
    02-24-10 06:33 PM
    Does BerryWeather use Weather Underground as it source in all locations?
    Does Berry Weather give you the wind chill or heat indext?

TIA
    Yes, BerryWeather uses Weather Underground.
    You get wind chill/heat index plus much more.

Here are some of the fretures right from the site.

�NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    �Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    �7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    �24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    �Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
    �ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add custom radar maps and webcams for any location)
    �Track your location via GPS/CELL TOWER LOCATION so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    �Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    �Weather advisory notifications
    �Customizable homescreen icon showing current conditions
    �Customizable homescreen wallpaper showing current conditions (OS 4.7 and higher)
    �Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    �Customizable background wallpaper
    �Customizable font size
    �Customizable icon size
    �Multiple iconset

Different locations can have seperate screens, I have one screen set to my home location. I have a second screen that follows me via GPS and gives me the weather wherever I am.
    02-24-10 08:11 PM
    Yes, BerryWeather uses Weather Underground.
    You get wind chill/heat index plus much more.

Here are some of the fretures right from the site.

�NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    �Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    �7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    �24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    �Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
    �ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add custom radar maps and webcams for any location)
    �Track your location via GPS/CELL TOWER LOCATION so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    �Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    �Weather advisory notifications
    �Customizable homescreen icon showing current conditions
    �Customizable homescreen wallpaper showing current conditions (OS 4.7 and higher)
    �Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    �Customizable background wallpaper
    �Customizable font size
    �Customizable icon size
    �Multiple iconset

Different locations can have seperate screens, I have one screen set to my home location. I have a second screen that follows me via GPS and gives me the weather wherever I am.
    Tks for all of the info johnling.
    Good Luck
    02-24-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD