I cannot remember what it is called and I would like to have it for my 9650.
    06-07-10 02:25 PM
    has this feature as well as many others. This is what i use for Flashlight. It uses the camera flash though and is very bright. Others will chime in, i'm sure there's some free apps that only do Flashlight.

QuickLaunch is a must have application for every BlackBerry owner. With an interface that is seamlessly integrated with the look of the BlackBerry OS, QuickLaunch will create shortcuts to most any application on your device with ease and style. In addition the added functions included with QuickLaunch will enable you to delete several other apps on your device saving memory making QuickLaunch the 'Swiss Army Knife' of your Blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:30 PM
    You don't need an app for this. Set the flash to on by default in the video camera,
    and then just open the video camera application and you're done.

If it is something you need often, set it to a convenience key.
    06-07-10 02:46 PM
    Maybe im mistaken but i think the original poster doesnt wanna use it as a flashlight but more as say a text message it would blink? i think thats what he means maybe i was mistaken but yeah
    06-07-10 04:14 PM
    Thank you, everyone. Yes, I should have clarified, I do want it to use it as a flashlight.
    06-07-10 10:13 PM
    Thank you, everyone. Yes, I should have clarified, I do want it to use it as a flashlight.
    This is what I've used for a long time and it's free...works really well and simple:

ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products
    06-08-10 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD