View Poll Results: When you install a new app, where should the shortcut appear?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • First on your desktop

2 10.00%
  • Last on your desktop

11 55.00%
  • I do not care

7 35.00%
    When you install a new app, do you care about the position of the app shortcut on the desktop?

Would you rather have it set itself to be the first icon on the BB desktop, or the last one?

Please weigh in. Im having a debate with my developer on this one...

thx!
    03-26-10 11:30 AM
    I use quicklaunch so it doesn't matter to me. Before I used QL I always put the icons in order of most used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 11:35 AM
    the desktop on the blackberry device?

well if i know it will be a less used app i will move it from "downloads" to "applications". if its like a setting (call blocker, smartsig, etc) i will move it to the settings folder.

but on the dekstop (on the device) i usually have the first line being "contact list" , "messages" , "web browser" then "media". then i have social networks next to each other (fb, myspace, etc), then instant messengers (bbm, aim), then folders.

if its an app i will really use (that is not categorised above), i will have it placed before the folders, but after the instant messengers.

i think thats what your asking?
    03-26-10 11:37 AM
    Last one for me...
    03-26-10 11:42 AM
    I want it to be the last one for me. I will move it to wherever I want it eventually, but I don't want it in the top spot to mess with my other apps if I don't have time to play with the app right away.
    03-26-10 12:25 PM
    Everything I download I have set to go into the downloads folder, so doesn't really matter to me

03-26-10 12:27 PM
    Mine go to the dl folder to, then get aranged by use. It is kind of annoying when they set themselves and you have to look for it and rearange the stuff

03-26-10 12:36 PM
    i use quicklaunch. i keep no icons on my desktop as i like to see my wallpaper
    03-26-10 12:44 PM
    It depends on how often I use it. If I use it regularly I would want it as icone 2 - 10. Not the first one because I need my weatherbug there for my theme. If it's one I don't use often I will move it to my applications folder and launch it from quicklaunch.
    03-26-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD