When I first got my Storm I signed on for a 30 day trial for the Premium Edition of Documents to Go. It is now about to expire. Since I've been reading posts here for the last 4 weeks, I've learned how to "work around" the document creation restrictions of the standard edition of docs to go, and I've also read about BeamReader 1.0. Does anyone have an opinion on which is better? I use Word, Excel and pdf docs. Thanks.
    03-08-09 07:51 PM
    Go with the Premium Ed of D2G. My experiences with the OTHER guy on my 8830 was not good. Look at it this way: DataViz was chosen by RIM on their first release of Storm. There are quirks in the bonus PDF To Go, but it is still outstanding. (Has trouble with large graphics-oriented PDF files.) But, for example, I have the entire Storm Users Manual on my Storm. DataViz is trying to do a very good job.

Doctor Neutron
    03-08-09 09:14 PM
    Go with the Premium Ed of D2G. My experiences with the OTHER guy on my 8830 was not good. Look at it this way: DataViz was chosen by RIM on their first release of Storm. There are quirks in the bonus PDF To Go, but it is still outstanding. (Has trouble with large graphics-oriented PDF files.) But, for example, I have the entire Storm Users Manual on my Storm. DataViz is trying to do a very good job.

Doctor Neutron
    Thanks Dr. I've had experience with D2G on my palm pilot so I'll probably stick with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:01 AM
    I would recommend D2G from simply my amazingly positive experience with them on my old palms. They really do bring the best product to the table, and back it with excellent service

03-09-09 09:45 AM
    I would recommend D2G from simply my amazingly positive experience with them on my old palms. They really do bring the best product to the table, and back it with excellent service

Thanks Speedv1. I've had the same experience with my Palm.

03-09-09 06:21 PM
    How does the PDF2Go stack up compared to Repligo Reader? I just started testdriving Repligo and really like it. I tried BeamBerry but it doesn't have the ability to reformat/wordwrap for better viewing.
    03-09-09 06:34 PM
    I like Repligo Reader too, first PDF reader I tied and I just stuck with it.

I use it with the standard version of D2G and it does the job nicely at about a third of the cost of D2G premium.
    03-09-09 07:32 PM
    They're so expensive! Is there a student discount?
    03-10-09 01:50 PM
    Pdf to go is made by repligo
    Never used pdf to go but I hear repligo is a more full featured product where pdf to go is more on an add on
    Repligo = full featurd pdf
    Pdf to go = less features
    I think.. Anyway

03-11-09 02:34 AM
    Curious if any of these programs for documents or pdf's allow you to import a jpg file?
    03-12-09 05:20 PM
    As a former Palm user for at least 10 years, D2G gives a friendly interface. It is very easy to use on the Palm platform. Although I have yet to completely figure out the Blackberry Storm version, I am very disappointed with beamreader.

Oops ...should be STICK with D2G
    03-17-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD