So I got the new 8520 and am not sure if the documents to go is trial ware or not? Does anyone know if this will keep on working?
    I am thinking to buy Beamreader, but that needs a working version of Tocuments To Go...
    09-04-09 10:52 AM
    Basically it is only let's you read docs not edit or create new one you have to purchase the program to do more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:59 AM
    Basically it is only let's you read docs not edit or create new one you have to purchase the program to do more

All you have to do to create new documents is make a blank word, excel and/or powerpoint file on your computer and copy them onto your BlackBerry. Open these blank files with Docs To Go and you can edit and save them as new files.
    09-04-09 11:04 AM
    Actually it does let you read, EDIT, email documents, it just doesn't let you create documents or doesn't read PDF files...one way around creating a doc is to save a blank page into Docs from memopad and use it wenver u need to create
    09-04-09 11:09 AM
    Yup. A workaround is to have several blanl work documents, then edit then save as. I used that trick before I bought the full version,

09-04-09 12:40 PM
    Repligo Reader app will allow you to read PDF files. Once you have DTG and RR, you essentially have the DTG Premium version for fewer $$$$$$.
    09-04-09 07:59 PM
    Thanks for the info y'all!
    09-05-09 04:48 AM
    I have an even better workaround, bbm me for details.
    11-21-09 05:08 PM
    I was kinda bummed to find out i couldn't create docs. I would like to hear the workaround as well.
    11-21-09 05:54 PM
    I was kinda bummed to find out i couldn't create docs. I would like to hear the workaround as well.
    Using the pro version you can make new files.

You can not create a new file using the free version.

But, you can use it:
    Create a new Word Doc on your PC with nothing in it.
    Then send the DOC file made on your PC to yourself by email
    Receive the file
    Open the file in Doc To Go.
    Use this file as a template making a few new copies template1, template2 ...
    You can then use one of the files in edit mode.
    Edit and Create a new file.
    Then, save as a new name
    Last edited by mandony; 11-21-09 at 06:54 PM.
    11-21-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD