View Poll Results: What is better? Docs to Go or eOffice?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Docs to Go

9 100.00%
  • eOffice

0 0%
    I've been reading some interesting reviews about eOffice as competition to Docs to Go. Those of you with more recent editions of BlackBerrys are probably familar with Docs to Go as it comes with new BlackBerry devices.

But my question is, have any of you tried eOffice and/or done a thorough comparison to Docs to Go and made any conclusions as to what is the better product?

I use Docs to Go quite a bit. Now I don't do a lot of edits directly on my BlackBerry and prefer to work on spreadsheets on my laptop and then transfer them to my 8900 so that I always have them with me. But I admit I really like Docs to Go. Am I missing something not using eOffice?

What say you? What is the better product? Docs to Go or eOffice. And why?
    Last edited by berryite; 08-21-09 at 07:56 PM.
    08-21-09 07:34 PM
    I used eOffice extensively before upgrading to OS 4.5 and having D2G available.

I found navigation between application panes a pain and the menu system difficult to use. With that said, it's a competent app and offers two things not available in D2G: a real file management system and the ability to fax directly from your BlackBerry (it uploads the doc wirelessly to a fax server for delivery). I needed many calls to tech support and found them difficult to communicate with and they kept offering the same solutions that didn't work even though the case record indicated such.

I find D2G far easier to use and the menu system much more intuitive. The paid Premium version has many features that were either missing in eOffice or I was unable to find them. I've become a big D2G fan and now use File Manager Pro for file management. I feel that I have a complete suite of excellent apps. I don't need fax capability but if that's important, another fax solution would need to be explored.

But on this forum are some fierce apologists for eOffice and I'm sure they will be along to refute my comments! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:47 PM
    Docs to go is very stable. I found eOffice to be very buggy when it was installed on my device. I've tried downloading the updated version of eOffice to see if things have changed. I tried nearly and hour to get the application on my device. I soon just gave up. Also if you open a spreadsheet some sent you with eOffice, you have to adjust all of the columns. Not sure if this happens with the new version. It did with the previous one.

08-21-09 08:51 PM
    Docs to go is very stable. I found eOffice to be very buggy when it was installed on my device. I've tried downloading the updated version of eOffice to see if things have changed. I tried nearly and hour to get the application on my device. I soon just gave up. Also if you open a spreadsheet some sent you with eOffice, you have to adjust all of the columns. Not sure if this happens with the new version. It did with the previous one.

This seems to be two "thumbs down" for eOffice so far.
    08-21-09 09:18 PM

I'd agree with this 100%. I use my Docs to Go (paid version) daily, and do not have a single complaint. eOffice seems to be very buggy not worth it in my opinion.
    08-21-09 10:09 PM
    Eoffice = no/bad tech support
    Very buggy, freezes, glitches, etc...
    Did I mention: NO/BAD tech support?

08-22-09 07:22 AM
    Just re-installed eOffice. Haven't had it on my device since last year. They claim it's a new version. Nope. Same old buggy eOffice. It doesn't come close to DocsToGo.

08-22-09 12:29 PM
    Just re-installed eOffice. Haven't had it on my device since last year. They claim it's a new version. Nope. Same old buggy eOffice. It doesn't come close to DocsToGo.

Really haven't seen one positive comment about this eOffice software. Seems like something to avoid. I'm sticking with Docs to Go.
    08-22-09 01:38 PM
    I've never used eoffice but Docs To Go works great for me...
    08-22-09 01:40 PM
    eOffice = LAME, D2G = GOOD. I also have FileManagerPro on my custom Homescreen. In the past eOffice was the only act in town and it was a mess. When RIM/VZN released the Storm, they chose D2G because they wanted to put their best foot forward.

Doctor Neutron
    08-22-09 06:39 PM
    Really haven't seen one positive comment about this eOffice software. Seems like something to avoid. I'm sticking with Docs to Go.
    You probably won't see any positive reviews, unless it's someone that works for Dynoplex. I only purchased eOffice because it was the most cost efficient way of working with documents on your BlackBerry this time last year. My Curve had OS 4.3, because 4.5 wasn't released yet. When OS 4.5 was released, it was the best thing that happened for the Curve. OS 4.5 allowed us to finally use DocsToGo.
    08-22-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD