Does anyone use this app for actual business purposes on their storm? If you do, how do you find the ease of use? How much do you use it?
    01-15-09 12:31 PM
    I have it installed for a just incase I need it issue. To be honest though I have never needed enough to warrant having it installed.
    01-15-09 12:35 PM
    You can use it as a checklist or to do list. The pre-loaded (if that's what we are talking about) is the "lite" version and certain functions will not be included. One of these is the option to create a file. The work-around would be to create a file called "blank" for each app. When you need to create a new file, make a copy of the blank and re-name it. It comes in very handy and you can save some cash not buying a list program.

...just my 2 cents
    01-15-09 12:40 PM
    that is a good idea about the checklist, that would be a good idea for a shopping list - can use the cross out font edit to cross things off the grocery list as you shop. Just email the list from pc to bb.

I am more interested in seeing if anyone actually uses it for real editing, using the lite or full version. I think the Storms cut and paste funtion sucks so selcting text to edit seems to be a pain. I wanted to know if anyone has had very positive experiences on docs 2 go on the storm.
    01-15-09 12:44 PM
    I use it all the time for school related documents (aka study guides, class notes, etc... that professors send me online). At my job I receive an upwards of 200 emails a day many of which have documents on them. It helps being able to be anywhere and receive emails and view/edit the documents. I am a contractor and often need to make small corrections to proposals and such, using the docs to go app is incredibly helpful for this.
    01-15-09 01:14 PM
    My realworld spreadsheets contain formulas, and I've found Sheet-to-Go, whether the already installed lite version or the purchased PRO version (I'm in the 30-day trial), do not support some of the formulas I need to use for even simple things.

It is very good for lists, as others said, and maybe some simple spreadsheets. I haven't run into any problems with Word-to-Go, haven't used SlideShow.
    01-15-09 01:46 PM
    I use it all the time for school related documents (aka study guides, class notes, etc... that professors send me online). At my job I receive an upwards of 200 emails a day many of which have documents on them. It helps being able to be anywhere and receive emails and view/edit the documents. I am a contractor and often need to make small corrections to proposals and such, using the docs to go app is incredibly helpful for this.
    I use it for work and school as well. I may not receive as many emails a day as you but most of the emails I do receive have attachments. Documents to go makes it easy to adjust or make changes on the fly. I use it a lot for school, also. Reviewing study guides or power point notes before a test is a nice feature to have.
    01-15-09 04:01 PM
    So you have been using the premium upgrade quite a bit. How would you rate the integration with Storm ? Pan, scroll, zoom, KYBD, ..., the whole nine yards ? There must be some limits on xls size and complexity, n'cest pas ?

Well, I installed the trial version of premium version of Docs 2 Go. xls, doc, ppt OK. Still cannot open a "native" pdf. Anybody doing it yet ?

I have posted several questions about D2G, premium. I now feel like D2G is well worth the $70 - this based on actually getting it running under 4.7.0.75. With its offering of PDF To Go, I can view blueprints, well logs, and read pdf manuals - all native pdf files dragged and dropped onto my Storm from my Vista-based PC, and not emailed as attachments to my Storm. It is just not realistic to email large and or many files to an email account and then back to your Storm. No need to remove the default app - first, register your baseline D2G app. Then just open a doc, xls, or ppt and push da BB button and get the trial version of D2G premium. When you get back to where you were with the default app on doc, xls, and ppt, THEN open a document AGAIN, push da BB button, and look to get a trial copy of PDF To Go. It is way cool. I feel comfortable with this approach based partly on the choice of VZN / RIM to included the baseline version in their first offering of Storm and partly on my very limited experience with the trial premium version. This IS a free trial !

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-21-09 at 02:43 PM. Reason: more info
    01-20-09 03:18 PM
    I used D2G on my Treo all the time. I got the Storm and have issues with Sheet 2 Go. It is unbelievably slow when you're trying to "Find" something in a sheet. Once you do find what you're looking for, it's very difficult to scroll left or right and still stay in the same row.

Sometimes I do miss being able to use a stylus on a scroll bar...
    01-26-09 08:21 AM
    I've upgraded tp premium version, I need pdf viewer along with word & excel.
    I need all these feature due to I'm receiving email with attachment with pdf format quite a lot.

Haven't tried editing with program yet but if there is pdf export function within word or excel would be great, I do not need my laptop on the go anymore.
    Please dataviz... Make this happen...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:44 AM
    is documents to go very slow for any of you? i feel like its not even worth viewing documents as it takes forever to navigate through the file.
    02-08-09 01:59 AM
    Pro version is nice with the pdf reader. I use it all the time for school documents.
    02-08-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD