I've been using the version of this app that came on my Storm and like it a lot. I'm not sure if I'd get any more use out of the premium version. So far it looks like I can open and view word, excel and powerpoint files with what I have. Other than being able to edit, which I'm not sure is all that useful on this small device, what does the premium version offer?

I did notice that the premium edition supports pdf files. That's a good thing. I also couldn't find a price anywhere on the docs to go website. Anyone know what the premium upgrade costs?
    06-09-09 11:35 PM
    I'm using the premium edition of D2G and enjoy it very much. Instead of listing all of the differences, here is the link to the comparison of the two versions.

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Standard / Premium Comparison

The current price of D2G is $69.99 but if you use the code CheckUpdate at their app store you can get 10% off the price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:50 PM
    Actually funny this came up I have the Std version but have really been thinking of upgrading...today I get an email from datavitz they are offering the Premium version for 29.99 until June 30th...I registered my Std edition so maybe thats why I got the email but wouldnt hurt to check out their site and be sure to register your Std edition.

JC
    06-10-09 01:39 AM
    Wow. 29.99 is an excellent price.
    I paid 69.99 for mine several months ago.

06-10-09 04:38 AM
    Wow. 29.99 is an excellent price.
    I paid 69.99 for mine several months ago.

Yeah I thought the price was pretty good..I actually did jump on it and installed it as well as the PDF to Go that comes with it..I get emails with updated specs for work and most are in PDF form and some service letters are doc's so this will come in very handy.

JC
    06-10-09 05:34 AM
    I just registered. Hoping to get a discount upgrade email.

06-10-09 05:40 AM
    Not to long ago PDF apps were running about 29.99
    Now you get one free with DocsToGo Premium.
    Back when I had OS 4.3 I purchased eOffice for that same price because I was unable to use DocsToGo with 4.3
    Now with OS 4.5, I no longer use eOffice because it kept trying to override DocsToGo as the default document program.
    Getting the Premium version of DocsToGo seems like a great bargain. I paid 69.99 a while back. Then I saw where they were offering it for 49.99 a few months ago. Now it's 29.99
    It's getting cheaper and cheaper.

06-10-09 09:00 AM
    quick question about the pdf app in docs to go. I have the standard version but am currently in my 30 day trial of the premium version. When I open a 3 page pdf of archeticural plans of my house, it takes almost 5 minutes for the pages to render and finally open. It than takes forever to switch back and forth between pages on the pdf. Is anyone else having these issues opening pdf's? If I just view the pdf in my email app, it opens in less than a second using the built in blackberry pdf viewer.
    06-10-09 10:04 AM
    I have it and having problem with it again... wait til they fix the "jumping out of edit mode back to beginning of file" problem again.
    06-10-09 01:17 PM
    I really wish the price would go down. lol
    08-04-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD