So here goes...my fiancee and I are switching our family plan from Verizon to AT&T on the 4th when the BBB comes out. I'm getting a bold and an iphone (overkill I know, but it makes me happy ) and she's getting a bold.

She's a teacher and does a lot of work on Microsoft excel.

With Docs to go, if I'm correct, she can edit her excel files, but my question is, how easy is the process of taking it from her bold to her computer at home. Is it a simple plug into the computer.

Sorry if this is a newbie question.
    10-27-08 09:55 AM
    I do a lot a work with excel also... for me, when I receive an excel file, I download it to my microSD card, and when I get to work or home from work, I just connect it with my bold to my computer and just drag and drop.
    its a very easy process
    10-27-08 10:11 AM
    You can not however edit on Blackberry itself, you don't require docs to go to save to SD card either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:25 AM
    You can not however edit on Blackberry itself, you don't require docs to go to save to SD card either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Huh? I'm confused on the website it says:

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

Whether you�re an organization looking to mobilize your sales professionals or an individual looking to increase personal productivity, leaving your office or laptop behind does not have to mean leaving your crucial files and work behind. Now you can get your work done no matter where you are by using Documents To Go to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments on your BlackBerry smartphone. And since it is full featured yet easy to use, Documents To Go is one mobile office suite that makes good business sense.
    10-27-08 10:27 AM
    i'm confused with that comment myself. everytime i'm in trasit going to and from work, excel files get emailed to me. since it takes me about an hour to get to and from work, i edit these files on my BB (im able to copy, paste, add, subtract, enter formulas, etc.) and when I actually get on a computer, i plug in my BB, then drag and drop these files to get a better look before they have to be sent out again.
    10-27-08 11:15 AM
    oh ok...lol...thanks!

I'll be getting the Bold for her then...it was either that or the iphone ...lol.

So your pleased with the way excel files are handled by your BBB?
    10-27-08 11:18 AM
    I'm guessing what philb is saying is that you cannot create new files on docs to go, which is true. and its also true that you don't require a microSD card, its just better to have one so you don't take up too much space from the phones internal 1gb memory.
    10-27-08 11:18 AM
    i'm pleased with my excel files, only thing that you have to get used to is the small screen and pressing pressing "atl" when entering numbers (unless there's an alternative method that i am not aware of)
    you'll be very happy when you get one.
    10-27-08 12:16 PM
    sounds good!
    10-27-08 12:25 PM
    I'm guessing what philb is saying is that you cannot create new files on docs to go, which is true. and its also true that you don't require a microSD card, its just better to have one so you don't take up too much space from the phones internal 1gb memory.
    I got over this by saving a blank .doc and .xls etc. file on my bold. Then because there is a Save As option, just save my new file that way.
    10-27-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD