I have the 8330 BB Curve with VRW and upgraded to OS 4.5. I have docs to go on my phone now, but it only has 'word to go' and 'slideshow to go'

Is there also a 'excel to go' available, or do I have to upgrade to the Premium Version for that ?

I have tried to save individual excel attachements from emails, but BB says they can't be saved ( though I can view the excel attachments by just saving the entire email itself - rather than the specific excel file)

thankd for any tips

Jason
    Last edited by Jason123; 01-01-09 at 02:44 PM. Reason: wrong title.
    01-01-09 02:41 PM
    you should just have to run the update in the application (either word or ppt) and you should get excel
    01-01-09 02:47 PM
    you should just have to run the update in the application (either word or ppt) and you should get excel
    Thanks, Sith. - so what you are saying is by downloading the updated basic version of docs to go, I should get excel to go as well, without upgrading to the Premium Edition ?

I tried to update and was directed to DataViz to register. Can't get it to register for some reason, but will try later.

Jason.
    01-01-09 03:00 PM
    Jason,

Once you register your docs2go, it should give you a link for sheets2go (mobile excel). You shouldn't need the premium version. This is how I got my mobile excel.

I hope this helps.

01-01-09 03:03 PM
    01-01-09 03:04 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/docs-go-excel-113381/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 03:11 PM
    hey guys, thanks for the advice. I will try this.

thanks again,

Jason.
    01-01-09 07:00 PM
    hey I was just wondering this same thing....it worked for me, but I did have to delete the app and then totally reload it....worked fine....thanks
    01-01-09 09:44 PM
    thanks guys - i also had to uninstall docs to go from my phone, then re-register and download the edition that contains 'sheets to go.' Amazing !

Strange that they didn't automatically include this with the first download..

It appears there is no way to create a document without the premium version. I was trying to find a way to create a blank document for my passwords, but can't.

I tried to use the 'memo-pad' app. to save a file to my 'documents' folder on the media card, but it just saves the memo in the actual memo-pad application itself. I will just create a doc and email to my BB.

thanks! Jason
    01-02-09 07:41 AM
    create the blank word doc on your pc and email it to yourself. you can save to the media card/phone and just edit as necessary.
    01-02-09 07:50 AM
    And if you set it as "Read Only" before you send it, then it won't get overwritten on your BlackBerry when you use it to create a new document.
    01-02-09 08:09 AM
    And if you set it as "Read Only" before you send it, then it won't get overwritten on your BlackBerry when you use it to create a new document.
    Yes, forces a save as, or you can select save as for the menu (Motorcycle Mama's method is best to make sure you dont save over accidentally)
    01-02-09 08:12 AM
    Yes, forces a save as, or you can select save as for the menu (Motorcycle Mama's method is best to make sure you dont save over accidentally)
    hey, guys - just wanted to say thanks again for the explanation and work-around to create documents.

This forum has so helpful and I really appreciate everyone's help.

Crackberry is an awesome resource !!! Hopefully I will be able to help others as I get more knowledge.

Jason.
    01-02-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD