Hello All and thank you in advance for yout time. I am at wits end here. I just yesterday took the leap and went from a treo 680 to the blackberry bold. I am having problems getting the WiFi working in my place but I'll save that for another post.

My main problem is I can't figure out how to do the docs to go. I've tried and read (obviously the wrong stuff) and can't seem to get a doc (sheet, doc, slideshow...etc) on my stupid phone. There isn't an area for docs to go on the desktop manager and while I do have the icons for the various microsoft apps (and they appear to work) I can't get something on my phone to open (doc, sheet...etc). How do I get something on there!?!?!?! I thought maybe I could just put it on the SD card but my computer doesn't recognize a seperate drive for that memory card. Either way, I feel I should be able to have a docs to go desktop app that will allow me to drag and drop files to my device. Thats how it was with my Treo which I am missing more by the second. This is an urgent matter so I turned here.... hoping for help (or HOPE as it were) is my phone broken or am I missing something?

Mark Hale
    01-12-09 10:53 AM
    When the memory card is in your phone make sure it is formatted by your phone and it will set up all the proper folders for ringtones, pictures, documents, etc. Once that's done properly your computer should recognize the memory card as a storage mode if mass media storage mode is enabled (just go to options -> memory to check both of these out).
    01-12-09 11:00 AM
    Okay so here is part of my problem. I am pretty smart guy and all got my MS and I feel like a high school dropout now! I don't even know how to go to "options--memory" should I have figured this out already? I already have the appropriate folders I think. I see a folder for docs, pictures and stuff like that when I go to "Media Card/blackberry" I see music pictures ringtones, videoand voice notes. I access this through clicking on docs to go...Arggh!
    01-12-09 11:06 AM
    Oh, and I think my card was formatted at the store by the representative. How do I check if it is formatted correctly?
    01-12-09 11:06 AM
    To get to options:

Go to the wrench or whatever icon you have

Options --> Memory

You will see options for Media Card Support and such.

When you plug in your BB it should ask you if yo want to enable "Mass Media Mode", hit ok and then Windows whould open up the folder for you.

You can now create folders there and put whatever documents you want. Open up Docs To Go and then select the folder with the documents.
    01-12-09 12:05 PM
    Oh, and I think my card was formatted at the store by the representative. How do I check if it is formatted correctly?
    I would just reformat to be safe. No reason to keep fighting with this. Then just do as listed above for putting your docs on the card and accessing.
    01-12-09 12:11 PM
    Okay...lol. How do I format the card. Am I being a total newb here? I thought I did a bunch of reading that should be helpful but its not.

I went ahead and configured my device as automatically mass storage or whatever and it looks like I got stuff on there. However, now I get an error message when I go to open up documents (I don't see them on there yet, just assume they are there). The error message reads, "Permission to your files was denied. Please configure your application permission appropriately."

Yikes. Thanks for all your help thus far.
    01-12-09 01:10 PM
    Okay...lol. How do I format the card. Am I being a total newb here? I thought I did a bunch of reading that should be helpful but its not.

I went ahead and configured my device as automatically mass storage or whatever and it looks like I got stuff on there. However, now I get an error message when I go to open up documents (I don't see them on there yet, just assume they are there). The error message reads, "Permission to your files was denied. Please configure your application permission appropriately."

Yikes. Thanks for all your help thus far.
    Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications --> Documents To Go --> Menu --> Edit Permissions --> Then change to allow all just to see if that works, not sure what the standard options are.
    01-12-09 01:39 PM
    i actually tooled around and did that before my last post. Still not working.
    01-12-09 02:07 PM
    I would relly like to see specifics as well. There are 3 different things that you can change permissions for in doc-to-go:

Connections. - mine set to "custom" (default)
    Interaction. - mine set to "custom" (default)
    User Data. - mine set to "allow" (?default?)

Which ones do I change so I can view and/or edit my office docs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 02:41 PM
    Don't ask me why but it just started working out of the blue. Just turned it on for the millionth time and viola! Thanks for you help guys and gals.
    01-12-09 03:19 PM
    Don't ask me why but it just started working out of the blue. Just turned it on for the millionth time and viola! Thanks for you help guys and gals.
    Just another mystery of the universe, like how TV works and where babies come from.
    01-12-09 03:22 PM
    never mind again... it only works kind of. I realized that I had mistakenly put the docs in the folder that is used for the device memory. That I can access and I have already brought up a doc, sheet, and ppt. However, its the media card side that gives the error when I access it. Again, it says access denied and set permissions. My permissions are set to all "allow". So the problem lies in my SD card then (accessing it). Okay, we're half way there... please advise.
    01-12-09 03:24 PM
    Never mind... the never mind. Now its working on both ends. I swear guys... didn't do a darn thing to get it working. Okay I think I'll finally go away now.... bye!
    01-12-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD