I recently did an upgrade to v4.5 and I didn't check the box to install Docs To Go. Do I have to update the whole phone again or just uncheck everything and only check Docs To Go in Application Update section of DM 4.6? Or is there a way to get it OTA?

Thanks
    08-15-09 03:59 PM
    You go on the DM and go to app loader then check the box for docs to go. If something is checked its on your phone if it isn't checked then isn't. If you check or uncheck something it will be changed on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 05:34 PM
    You will also have to reg it again to get sheet to go.

08-15-09 05:40 PM
    I'll give it a try. Thanks
    08-15-09 08:01 PM
    If you already reg'd it just go to dataviz and redownload it OTA.

08-15-09 08:09 PM
    I got it on there. Thanks for the help
    08-15-09 08:45 PM
    Here's a D2G quirk you might be on the lookout for: If you upgrade to Sheet to Go or the paid Premium version, when you connect to your desktop with the BlackBerry OS still installed on your desktop, it will downgrade D2G to the OS version. The only solution I know is to uninstall the OS using the PC's Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

08-15-09 09:22 PM
    Or rename the d2g .alx file in your OS folder to .alxold works too. But you're absolutly right. D2g does NOT play nice with DM.

08-15-09 10:55 PM
    Newer dm won't mess up docs2go anymore, they fixed it in the newer versions of desktop mngr

08-16-09 01:51 PM
    @gbhill - I forgot about the possibility of renaming the .alx file, thanks. Not sure if that's less intrusive than uninstalling OS, and might not be as "rememberable." :-)

@ rarud - Thanks for the updates on newer DM versions - I've stuck with 4.5 after trying other versions and having problems so I was unaware of those improvements.

08-16-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD