08-05-09 02:42 PM
58 123
tools
    You get the email faster if you use the built in BIS. Personally I use both. I read the new mail in the bb inbox itself but if I need access to an older mail or the formatting isn't what it should be I fire up the gMail app.
    Me too! I use Gmail client to get older stuff not on my BB. Otherwise, just the push setup.

Funny - with the yahoo client, it doesn't format outgoing mail at all (no paragraphs). I can see more of the incoming in that client but I never send from it.
    04-10-09 04:13 PM
    I use the BB applications instead of the Gmail Client.
    04-10-09 04:15 PM
    Really? I've never had any problem viewing HTML emails either within the gmail web interface or through my BB(now that we have 4.5) or my mail application on my computer.

I want version 4.5...
    04-10-09 04:16 PM
    I want version 4.5...
    I can't see what carrier you're on, but all carriers in the US I believe have released OS 4.5 as well as BIS version 2.6, which solves the whole sent message issue as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 05:34 PM
    I want version 4.5...
    Go download it.

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    04-10-09 07:53 PM
    My Gmail application does not download new messages automatically. I always have to open it and choose Inbox to have it retrieve new messages. Are there some settings I need to change?

Thanks in advance!
    08-05-09 12:18 PM
    My Gmail application does not download new messages automatically. I always have to open it and choose Inbox to have it retrieve new messages. Are there some settings I need to change?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not the most advanced BB user so this might not be the best solution but I just keep Gmail open in the background, and it notifies me of new emails pretty regularly.

Personally I use the Gmail app and not push email because I couldn't get push email to work on my phone - when I was setting up my phone there was only a BES option, no BIS option. I tried to set it up online through the Blackberry/AT&T website that I found and nothing ever happened. It's no big deal and I'm not the kind of person who gets like 40 emails a day typically so Gmail app is perfect (: I just wish it had the ability to display a new email icon in the top where SMS message indicators appear.
    08-05-09 12:45 PM
    I use the Gmail app, for my email needs it's sufficient.
    08-05-09 02:42 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD