I use gmail app as well.. Great app.. It would be nice if I could see attachments..oh darn...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So if someone sends you a pic you can see it?
    01-27-09 08:04 AM
    I use the BB BIS E-mail setup, isn't that one of the main reasons to get a BB?? If I wanted to use the G-Mail app, couldn't you do that from just about any smartphone? I just like the idea of getting my e-mail immediately... just my opinion!
    01-27-09 10:08 AM
    What is the built in BIS?
    In case you haven't figured it out from the other posts, BIS is Blackberry Internet Services, basically your built in BB email in this context.
    01-28-09 05:34 AM
    I use the BB BIS E-mail setup, isn't that one of the main reasons to get a BB?? If I wanted to use the G-Mail app, couldn't you do that from just about any smartphone? I just like the idea of getting my e-mail immediately... just my opinion!
    Exactly. You got the BB, might as well use its advantages.

You could even use the Gmail app from any dumbphone too.
    01-28-09 05:46 AM
    BIS all the way.

I keep the Gmail app on my phone as a backup, but rarely use it. I delete emails on my BB fairly quickly; my Gmail contains almost all emails I have ever received, so in essence, if I really need to, I can access any of those from my phone.

It has come in handy more than once.

But, apart from that, Push all the way.
    01-28-09 06:30 AM
    I have the Gmail app installed on my company's Bold, but I can't establish a connection (probably due to my company's policies that they push onto everyone's BB). Weird thing is that Gmail worked on my 8300 that I was using before I got the Bold. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it working again??

01-28-09 06:51 AM
    No use for the gmail app, here. I have gmail pushed to the built-in app, and the only reason I'd be logging into gmail itself is to change settings or archive my mail backup. Neither of those tasks is easily do-able from the BB gmail app, so there's no point in having it take up memory on my BB.
    01-28-09 06:55 AM
    I use both. That way, I can get my email immediately, but have access to an older email if I need it.

I also have bookmarked hotmail, aol mail, and yahoo mail on my BB for the same reason - sometimes I need to access an older email for reference.
    01-28-09 07:02 AM
    I use Gmail and I have it pushed to my phone
    01-28-09 10:06 AM
    I use the gmail app ezclusively. But I've a tendency to waffle on that. It would be the perfect app for me if I could specify the rate to check for messages and be able to turn off the imposed word wrap when composing emails. Love the one key delete, archiving, spam reporting, etc.

01-28-09 10:21 AM
    New BB user; downloaded google apps. I am having difficulty downloading gmail and google maps. When I click on either icon to start downloading the download frame freezes? Any idea as to what is preventing me from downloading.
    01-28-09 12:19 PM
    how do you view html images on the gmail app? Mine don't show up.
    02-10-09 09:47 AM
    I use built-in e-mail
    02-10-09 09:49 AM
    I use the built in and only use Yahoo for the Calender

~Jazzi~
    02-10-09 10:05 AM
    how do you view html images on the gmail app? Mine don't show up.
    I don't think you can, that has always been an issue with gmail. Even on the regular gmail on the computer any images have to be attached. That's why I stick with the Yahoo Traditional for my email.

~Jazzi~

02-10-09 10:07 AM
    I use the BIS for my gmail account and it pushes them just fine.. I can even view HTML emails through that, too

Need to get to upgrading our BES server, so that can view HTML emails
    02-10-09 10:22 AM
    I use both because i am a beast.
    02-10-09 10:24 AM
    anyone having problems with the push on BIS with gmail accounts?

taking anywhere from 15-24 minutes for a push..... am I the only one experiencing this?
    02-10-09 06:15 PM
    I use both. For my primary email account (gmail), I use the BB mail program. I have a second gmail account that is reserved for junk mail/newsletters/spam, etc. That one goes to the gmail app, with out any notification turned on. That way, I get my actual emails pushed right away, and I can just check my spam account when ever I want, without junk clogging up my BB mail box.
    02-10-09 06:22 PM
    anyone having problems with the push on BIS with gmail accounts?

taking anywhere from 15-24 minutes for a push..... am I the only one experiencing this?
    You're not the only one, I've experienced this yesterday and today but with much longer delays. I checked Gmail on my PC tonight and saw that an email that I received around 5:45PM still hadn't made it to my BB through BIS/Gmail.
    02-10-09 07:51 PM
    I dont use email much, but I thought that BlackBerry email system was flawless. Why change it?
    02-10-09 08:22 PM
    I only use the BB email program, but I do use it to check my gmail account and have absolutely no problems.
    02-10-09 08:32 PM
    You're not the only one, I've experienced this yesterday and today but with much longer delays. I checked Gmail on my PC tonight and saw that an email that I received around 5:45PM still hadn't made it to my BB through BIS/Gmail.

Same here.
    02-10-09 08:35 PM
    I don't think you can, that has always been an issue with gmail. Even on the regular gmail on the computer any images have to be attached. That's why I stick with the Yahoo Traditional for my email.

~Jazzi~

Really? I've never had any problem viewing HTML emails either within the gmail web interface or through my BB(now that we have 4.5) or my mail application on my computer.
    02-10-09 08:45 PM
    I use both Gmail Apps and BB Push Email at the same time for reasons mentioned in previous posts. However, there is a major difference between the two methods, that's accessibility.

If you have contant internet connection, then the issue is only Gmail Apps 20-minute email check interval. No internet, like driving through dead zones, you have no Gmail Apps. With push, at least the emails will be immediately push to your phone when your phone picks up a signal.
    04-10-09 02:35 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD