I like the gmail app so far....bummer you have to refresh it to get an up to date inbox
    04-12-09 12:44 PM
    I just like to push my gmail account to my phone's inbox. I don't really like manually refreshing the inbox in the gmail app but I guess the perk is that it's a live inbox as opposed to your BB only displaying emails it has received.
    04-12-09 12:48 PM
    I only use the gmail app when I have to go digging for an old email which I had already removed from the device. In that case the app is priceless, because the searching/labeling features of gmail really stand out.

However for normal use, I just use the normal BB functionality. BB really does do it right. =D
    04-12-09 12:52 PM
    I have my gmail pushed to me. I do have the app installed as well which comes in handy. For example, I sent a message from my computer last week, and I needed to forward the message. Having the app installed allowed me to access my sent messages.
    04-12-09 12:52 PM
    the gmail app does push your email to your phone, no need to manual refresh it. And one thing i like about the gmail app is that there is FLICK SCROLLING!!, albeit its not as fast as the iphone flick scroll, but it still exists
    04-12-09 12:54 PM
    same as rmjones.. i have the gmail app installed but only use it to find emails i have already deleted..
    04-12-09 12:54 PM
    Same as everybody else. I use both. Gmail app is good to have when digging for *years ago* email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 12:59 PM
    interesting responses. my work uses google apps, but i use the gmail application mainly for my personal gmail account, and the blackberry email for my work email account. the main reason is for the ease of downloading/viewing/editing attachments. i seem to be ok downloading jpg images from the gmail app, but pdf, doc, ppt, etc will only work for me through the blackberry email. also, i like how i'll read an email on my phone but it will still show as unread when i access my work email through the google apps web-based interface, but if the same thing were happening with my personal email, it would probably be annoying. i guess i'm just weird that way, but i like having a reminder in my inbox that maybe i read that message on my blackberry last night but hey here it is just so you dont forget about it.
    04-12-09 01:17 PM
    hi
    i have gmail mail and i am gonna get a storm on thursday now how do ui wanna set it up i am really confused all of ur answer i guess since i don't have the storm in front of me but right now on lg cu500 i have it downloaded and have to refesh when i get my mail (i really do not like it) now there another way u do it on a blackberry? can someone explain it to me or point me in the direction of a link i can read up on it
    04-12-09 01:23 PM
    I use gmail app as I don't have BB service, just a data plan attached to my voice plan

04-12-09 02:34 PM
    I use the gmail app cause it supports flick scrolling so its easier to read through

04-12-09 03:02 PM
    the gmail app does push your email to your phone, no need to manual refresh it.
    The gmail app does not push like BIS does. The app polls periodically or by manual request. When you set up BIS with gmail via IMAP, emails are pushed instantly to your phone.

To answer the OP, I do the same as rmjones101, maxmil2224, et al. There are pros & cons to both, so I use both.
    04-12-09 05:05 PM
    Unfortunately with the massive memory leaks on the Storm i have to be critical about limiting the amount of apps i have on my BB.
    Since i can have it pushed i do so, instead of taking up necessary space with an app to do the same thing.
    04-12-09 05:10 PM
    IMAPing my gmail to my BB email is the way I go. If I have to dig into archives I'll load the app, but IMAP integrates beautifully and I switch between web and mobile seamlessly.

04-12-09 06:18 PM
    so there isnt a way to get the messages already in my inbox to go over to the gmail with blackberry email? in other words i do need the app to have those?
    04-12-09 06:24 PM
    I have my messages pushed to my device through IMAP. That way I don't have to open another app just to check or send my mail.

04-12-09 07:01 PM
    how do i set this up? i have tried several times but gave up and just downloaded the gmail app.
    04-14-09 02:04 PM
    I like the gmail app so far....bummer you have to refresh it to get an up to date inbox
    Gmail app. I like the functionality I retain when using that over the default BB solution.

Also, when using google sync, you'll end up with duplicate entries using the BB method.
    04-14-09 02:10 PM
    I use both also. The BIS gmail I use with filters so I only get my important stuff on the BB. If I want to access other stuff, older things, star or label something, then I'll log in with the gmail app.
    04-14-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD