Do you think there will be an option or an app to "turn the click noise off"? I think its cool and everything, but I can see how after a while it could get annoying.
    10-18-09 10:46 AM
    I'm sure there will be. Unless you're referring to the camera click noise...I assume you're referring to a click noise when you type.
    10-18-09 10:48 AM
    I'm sure there will be. Unless you're referring to the camera click noise...I assume you're referring to a click noise when you type.
    I'm curious why you are so sure. I'm under the impression that the 4 piezo disks kind of act like tiny solenoids, and that action is what's causing the noise.
    10-18-09 10:50 AM
    I meant the screen click noise, sorry about that.
    10-18-09 10:50 AM
    I'm curious why you are so sure. I'm under the impression that the 4 piezo disks kind of act like tiny solenoids, and that action is what's causing the noise.
    Cause how could they possibly have a smartphone in the works that wouldn't allow you to use it in a meeting, classroom, library, congress meeting...etc. It doesn't make sense.
    10-18-09 10:52 AM
    Cause how could they possibly have a smartphone in the works that wouldn't allow you to use it in a meeting, classroom, library, congress meeting...etc. It doesn't make sense.
    Ah, they also make a crappy OS, so what's your point? They made the S1 with 3 OS releases that wouldn't allow one to switch to speakerphone mode if the phone was answered when the phone was in landscape mode, and you use the logic that "how can they?" LOL!!!
    10-18-09 10:57 AM
    Ah, they also make a crappy OS, so what's your point? They made the S1 with 3 OS releases that wouldn't allow one to switch to speakerphone mode if the phone was answered when the phone was in landscape mode, and you use the logic that "how can they?" LOL!!!
    Agreed Sir. Storm1 was one of the worst electronic devices ever designed. Which is why the S2 won't be a ton better.
    10-18-09 11:02 AM
    Agreed Sir. Storm1 was one of the worst electronic devices ever designed. Which is why the S2 won't be a ton better.
    Agreed. S2 will be an incremental improvement--nothing is going to revolutionize how the Storm functions except a total rebuild of the OS.
    10-18-09 11:28 AM
    Agreed. S2 will be an incremental improvement--nothing is going to revolutionize how the Storm functions except a total rebuild of the OS.
    ....which doesn't seem worth it. One of my biggest gripes with RIM is that they keep building new phones and releasing "new" devices every few months. They should have 2 phones--one with touch, one w/o for the rest of us. THEN, just concentrate on building software.
    10-18-09 11:30 AM
    ....which doesn't seem worth it. One of my biggest gripes with RIM is that they keep building new phones and releasing "new" devices every few months. They should have 2 phones--one with touch, one w/o for the rest of us. THEN, just concentrate on building software.
    yes, there are way too many models of BB this year.
    10-18-09 11:32 AM
    it will be very unlikely that they will allow for this to be muted , but , with the glitch that we have already seen thanks to sal and card , it could be possible to use what ever OS they were using , and us the broken code and implement it into a app that will possibly silence the screen , not sure tho , just me dreaming lol.
    10-18-09 11:36 AM
    you mean to tell me that you actually can't turn that off?? that is a joke.
    10-18-09 12:08 PM
    What I know should be able to happen is adjust the sensitivity at some point. That would be nice. Also, I will re-iterate the BlackBerry OS is solid and only needs a few more features to really make it fly (OpenGL ES, New Web Browser, better memory management). A total re-write of the OS makes no sense when they have such a intuitive one now.
    10-18-09 02:09 PM
    What I know should be able to happen is adjust the sensitivity at some point. That would be nice. Also, I will re-iterate the BlackBerry OS is solid and only needs a few more features to really make it fly (OpenGL ES, New Web Browser, better memory management). A total re-write of the OS makes no sense when they have such a intuitive one now.
    I submit it isn't at all intuitive (just look at how a difficult a time one has ascertaining what apps are open) and you simply have gotten used to it. Being familiar with quirks doesn't obviate the need for the OS to be better designed for use by others not so familiar with the OS. The FIRST time I touched a Touch in an Apple store I could immediately use the thing. Can't say that with the BB...Perhaps you forgot about all the trial and error and/or reading you did when you got a BB in order to use it properly??
    10-18-09 02:15 PM
    I don't remember having any troubles... Maybe others have... I just picked it up and thought it was very well laid out. You mention multi-tasking, and sure all OS's have their quirks... That might of been hard to find for a first timer...

I bet iPhone users still have not discovered how to multitask yet! LOL!
    10-18-09 02:19 PM
    Thats the whole point behind the technology. People like to have the tactile feedback so they can have conformation of the click. I prefer it.
    10-18-09 02:22 PM
    Ditto... That's the biggest reason I am going for the Storm2
    10-18-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD