Hey guys, I know the question in the title may be vague, but I'm curious as to installed applications consuming battery even when they aren't running. I always try to get the best out of my battery, and prefer going a couple of days without having to charge. So my question is, Just because I have a couple apps installed, do they still use battery or any memory even when NOT running or opened? Weird question, i know. I'm on .337. Slight usage. Meterberry tells me 1.6% Discharge rate. I just need an answer so i can feel comfortable filling up my BB with apps and not worry about losing battery life. Thanks in advance.
    11-12-10 12:18 PM
    It really depends on the app. What apps are using, and are worried about?

Like apps that retrieve information do run and do stuff on the background. Like weather apps or MeterBerry. Something needs to be working to show your discharge rate.

I want to ask why you like having the battery last a few days? What's the problem with charging it when you're sleeping? These lithium ion batteries that are in new phones love to be kept full all the time. If you charge it each night it will last longer than if you consistently run them low or dead. There's no reason to not charge each night unless you're not by a charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 12:26 PM
    As long as it's not running in the background or updating, it's not using the battery.
    11-12-10 12:28 PM
    As long as it's not running in the background or updating, it's not using the battery.
    Ok, glad to know that. Now I can fill up this phone with a lot of apps.
    11-12-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD