I use to run battery booster free and battery booster pro free on my torch. I recently deleted about 10 apps that were just taking up memory, including these two.
    Before deleting those two apps, my phone's battery life could last for 2 days, maybe even 3 with limited use. Now it runs out in 1 day. I'm might just be using the phone just a little more, but how can it drop so fast?
    I was also wondering if charging it from a wall oulet gives it more juice than charging it from a usb port on my pc? I know that the wall charger will charge much faster. 100% fully charge is the same from both charging methods isn't it?

Thanks for reading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 04:45 AM
    I am not really sure about the battery booster and do not know it's functionality but as you mentioned it appears that the application indeed helped.
    About the charging, well if the battery is 100% charged, no matter from the USB or the wall it's the same.
    07-08-11 05:55 AM
    The app deletion probably had more to do with the increased battery life than the booster app which, in the past, have taken up space on the device with marginal improvement at best.

07-08-11 06:12 AM
    The app deletion probably had more to do with the increased battery life than the booster app which, in the past, have taken up space on the device with marginal improvement at best.

I believe he said that after the app deletion (including deletion of the two battery booster apps) his battery life decreased.

I just added Battery Booster Pro Free a couple of days ago. What improvement there seems to have been hasn't made me go "WOW!" but I certainly wouldn't call it marginal. How about "not insignificant"?
    07-08-11 09:23 AM
    A battery, for whatever purpose, has a rating. It cannot be changed. The ONLY thing a program that claims to 'boost' battery life could only shut down programs running in the background, which could give you bit more battery life. But the laws of physics are what they are, and other than charging the battery, or dimming the backlight, or again, shutting down background programs, don't waste a penny.
    07-08-11 10:37 AM
    A battery, for whatever purpose, has a rating. It cannot be changed. The ONLY thing a program that claims to 'boost' battery life could only shut down programs running in the background, which could give you bit more battery life. But the laws of physics are what they are, and other than charging the battery, or dimming the backlight, or again, shutting down background programs, don't waste a penny.
    The app is free, so there's no worry on that score.
    07-08-11 11:28 AM
    I tried battery booster free by ab4bb or some company like that. It is working. I just downloaded the pro version.... you had both running at the same time?

The (former) free version really did increase battery life... So I am trying out pro now.
    08-05-11 05:27 PM
    hi, this is my first post, so i`m saying hello to everyone.
    about the battery booster pro. i was having the same suspicion, thats the reason why i am here, and same reason for creating an account.
    i`m using a blackberry 8900, installed around 5 months ago battery booster pro. i havent noticed any difference, the battery was lasting the same (2-3 days, depending how much i was using it).
    1 month ago, i was cleaning the unneeded applications, including (in my oppinion) baterry booster pro.
    right in the next day i have noticed my battery life shortened to ...! few hours. the battery indicator was showing half battery left, when my camera was warning me that not enough battery to use the flashlight.
    also, i started getting white screens, with the only solution of plugging in the charger.
    as a conclusion, in my oppinion, this software is pretty much the reason of my ruined battery.
    again, this is just my oppinion, and i have posted here, because i kinda understand the one who opened the topic was trying to tell the same thing.
    11-06-11 12:27 PM
    Hi guys , i would just like to ask about my blackberry playbook , i will charge it in to , lets ssy , 5 hours to be 100 perce t fully charged , but it will take maybe 2 hours to use and easily be drained , what should i do ? Whay should i download ?? Thanks a lot .. More power
    12-13-12 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD