I am thinking of buying Quicklaunch, but may swap out my device for lower price next week or two. Will puchased apps on Blackberry App World reload/transfer for free, such as Quicklaunch?
    11-27-09 11:05 AM
    they will you will just have to go to where you bought them and sign in and change the pin #
    11-27-09 11:16 AM
    11-27-09 01:37 PM
    App World told me they allow a customer to re-download 5 times per year, to cover situations like replacing phones or having to re-install the app. If you try to re-download more than that, they will want to talk to you first. They're trying to be reasonable balancing the wishes of customers and developers.
    Last edited by LSphone; 04-18-10 at 04:07 PM.
    11-27-09 08:52 PM
    I wouldn't buy QuickLaunch from AppWorld.

I've been trying to get the 2.15 update version, but it isn't on AppWorld yet & the
    developer has been no help either.

I have all of my purchase info, but am tied to updating through AppWorld.

I don't use AppWorld any more on my phone, so now what?

Am I out of luck to update the app?

I love the app, but am perplexed as to what to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 12:51 PM
    I've been trying to get the 2.15 update version, but it isn't on AppWorld yet & the developer has been no help either.

I have all of my purchase info, but am tied to updating through AppWorld.

I don't use AppWorld any more on my phone, so now what?
    I noticed that you've been slagging CheetahAce, the developer of Quicklaunch, in multiple threads around the board. I think it's completely out of line.

He is very responsive, but Crapworld is as much of a hassle for developers as it is for us. RIM charges developers every time they post an update, so they sometimes wait a few days before uploading an update to Crapworld, just to make sure there aren't any issues spotted by the people who bought it through Mobihand and its affiliates, which would necessitate another update a day or so later.

Recent versions of QL also have a "check for updates" button on the options page. Have you tried that?
    11-28-09 03:57 PM
    Has anyone figured this out for App World yet?? I can't even log in to App World on both devices...

Sure, i could load a backup COD, but 1) a Bold version won't work well on a Storm device. 2) registration codes are locked to PIN, right?
    04-16-10 03:33 PM
    Some activation codes are associated with your PIN, some not.
    Are you asking specifically for QuickLaunch?
    If so, just email the developer directly for assistance: nikkisoft@gmail.com

Otherwise, what exactly is your situation? Do you have a Bold and a Storm right now? Are you getting rid of one?

04-16-10 07:16 PM
    I use both my Storm and Bold at different times. I have the Storm unlocked on ATT so I just swap s SIM's in both phones.

Quicklaunch isn't one of the apps. I just can't log in to my world at all in the 2nd phone.
    04-16-10 07:34 PM
    Anyone know how to use App World on 2 devices at the same time?
    04-17-10 02:42 PM
    I think if you deleted App World on one, then re-installed, and then NEVER Log In, it might work. This would mean that you couldn't purchase apps on that device.

But, apparently RIM is fixing this if you just wait, maybe as little as a few weeks.
    If you check the CB front page, the next versions of App World (2.0?) will allow PayPal, plus credit card billing and carrier billing (i.e. charging to your phone bill).

Just a guess, but you'll probably have to associate your account with an email addy instead of PayPal account, so hopefully you have 2 separate email addy's to use if I'm right.

04-17-10 07:44 PM
    what i would say is just business everybody here is to earn or grab money from ppl like us some are really lucky but some are not. AS I SAID ITS ALL ABT BUSINESS. AND EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT I MEAN. THANKS
    04-17-10 08:00 PM
    Well not "everybody."
    I have no idea what you're ranting about, EVEN with all the capital letters too!

I would also like to buy you some punctuation.

04-17-10 08:24 PM
    Anyone know how to use App World on 2 devices at the same time?
    nvm, i just swapped my OS and I can now log in on my Storm 2.
    04-18-10 01:14 PM
    I can't say for BlackBerry App World but I can tell you that app purchased via the CrackBerry/Mobihand SuperStore, the app fall into three categories when you change you device.

1). Some app require no serial number or PIN. Therefore you can transfer theme to a new device without problem. Simply re-download them as needed.

2). MobiHand has a page on its site Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store where, after you login, there is an option to change your device PIN. If you do this, an email arrives telling you that the new PIN is now valid and any apps you bought from CrackBerry site app store or the downloadable to your phone SuperStore app will work on your new phone. Some apps may need new serial numbers which are displayed when you go to MobiHand/My Account/apps.

3). Apps that have serial numbers that are managed by the vendors themseleves. Mostly these apps require you to go to their site and re-register (not pay for again), send an email, whatever.

I have never had a problem transferring my apps from phone to phone.

By far the best way is to use the Device Transfer Wizard withing Desktop Manager. This will transfer all your data and apps from Device Memory on the old phone to Device Memory on the new. You will need to manually shift your micro-SD card yourself.
    04-18-10 01:27 PM
    what i would say is just business everybody here is to earn or grab money from ppl like us some are really lucky but some are not. AS I SAID ITS ALL ABT BUSINESS. AND EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT I MEAN. THANKS
    Ummm, major confusion here. What are you on about, please?
    04-18-10 01:28 PM
    It is about business and money as long as the world runs on money, but as a developer (and I think I speak for all of us), I don't mind people transfering my apps to replacement or upgrade phones a reasonable number of times without having to pay again, and understand that the stores have the same opinion. What concerns me is transfering to a new phone but leaving it on the old phone and handing that down to a family member, don't you think that's cheating the developer just like buying once and downloading to multiple phones? Most apps are as cheap as candy or coffee, and licensed for use on only 1 phone. That seems fair enough.
    04-18-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD