Love the 8900 and have been very efficient with phone set up to extend battery life, it would easily last 2 days between charges.... However since BB App store i've downloaded Shazam, Viigo and Bloomberg. Battery is barely lasting a day!!!!

Thanks

Raoul
    04-03-09 04:37 AM
    If the battery is in the phne, then battery drain will happen.

Apps that continually stream data or connect often will make this worse.

You have somewhat answered your own question here because you now have worse battery life since you have installed the new apps.

People are now tying to use BlackBerrys as replacement PCs and regrettably the limitations of device size and weight must be weighed off against processor speed and battery life.

Our devices have an extremely limited energy budget and installing numerous applications that run all the time and hit the CPU and the network hard are bound to deplete this budget faster than a phone without these.
    04-03-09 04:55 AM
    Yea continually running apps will drain your battery. I personally close my apps all the way when I am not using them...(What goos are apps like trapster when sitting at home on the couch or stockmarket apps after the market has closed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 05:11 AM
    This is why I have an iPod Touch. It's built solely for multimedia and handles multimedia better than my Curve.

I don't use my phone for multimedia and I get about 3-4 days without a charge.
    I use it for calling, texting, IMing, email and maybe some quick web browsing.
    It is not a bad idea to have two devices since this effectively doubles the available energy budget. The physical rules are just the same though - use it lots = flat battery.

My solution when I had my old Curve 8310 was to keep a spare battery in the car. However thi sis not an option with any Apple product.
    04-03-09 05:37 AM
    Love the 8900 and have been very efficient with phone set up to extend battery life, it would easily last 2 days between charges.... However since BB App store i've downloaded Shazam, Viigo and Bloomberg. Battery is barely lasting a day!!!!

Thanks

Raoul
    If you set Viigo to update very often it will drain your battery. Don't know about Bloomberg, but if it updates frequently then it would also drain the battery.

Try to set them to manual update or at least to update every 12 hours then it should be better.
    04-03-09 11:09 AM
    I use my BB all day, be it email, web, or music from the media card or Pandora. My battery life is great and it had allowed me to only have to use one device for multiple uses. Just make sure to close apps when done with them and not have certain apps update so frequently.
    04-03-09 11:12 AM
    Sometimes your battery life will depend on the strength of the cellular signal too.... low signal strength = battery drain.
    04-03-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD