I've seen a lot of apps on the BlackBerry App Store for Memory Boosters which essentially allocate un-used RAM to applications. My question is- do these memory booster applications actually work? My only concern is that since you have a program constantly running to allocate resources, the application will be taking up more RAM in the background meaning less RAM available on the phone if the program wasn't constantly running.. seems silly to me how the math works.
    09-17-11 03:45 PM
    do any of these memory booster apps work?
    ...nope...
    homer1475 likes this.
    09-17-11 03:51 PM
    My only concern is that since you have a program constantly running to allocate resources, the application will be taking up more RAM in the background meaning less RAM available on the phone if the program wasn't constantly running.. seems silly to me how the math works.
    You hit the nail on the head.
    09-17-11 04:53 PM
    It is silly. You've summed it up perfectly as homer highlighted above. Those apps are a waste of time, data usage, and (potentially) money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 06:11 PM
    dauuum i am glad i saw this i was about to purchase one as well thinking these work thanks guys ...
    09-17-11 11:17 PM
    They're practically worthless.
    What they go is run a garbage collection that clears out some memory. The OS already does this on it's own. Add to that the fact that you're running an app to do it, and you do the math.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD