I think I have tried all the major ones and cant seem to find one I like. All I am asking for is:

Something the updates at least once an hour
    Something that resides on the BB desktop that shows an icon of the current weather and displays a short text description of the weather
    Accuracy

Of all the ones I tried, yweather has the most potential but I find that sometimes it wont update. Also the icons are low resolution so they dont look good on my Bold. I really wanted to like WeatherEye but it was so inaccurate. I have not tried WeatherBug but I hear it needs to have BB Maps installed in order for it to work. I prefer not to waste valuable memory by having to load BB Maps.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good weather app that meets my criteria?
    02-05-09 02:15 PM
    did you want it to wipe ur **** too? And call you Sir??? HAHA! Welcome me to Crackberry...

Sorry... just blazed and thought I'd be funny...

Awesome site though~!
    02-05-09 08:25 PM
    I think I have tried all the major ones and cant seem to find one I like. All I am asking for is:

Something the updates at least once an hour
    Something that resides on the BB desktop that shows an icon of the current weather and displays a short text description of the weather
    Accuracy

Of all the ones I tried, yweather has the most potential but I find that sometimes it wont update. Also the icons are low resolution so they dont look good on my Bold. I really wanted to like WeatherEye but it was so inaccurate. I have not tried WeatherBug but I hear it needs to have BB Maps installed in order for it to work. I prefer not to waste valuable memory by having to load BB Maps.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good weather app that meets my criteria?
    Weatherbug, I think does not need BBMAPS but they change the weather to often, one day it says snow then a few hours later no snow, then a few hours later snow. WOW. Otherwise it's not that bad. The application itself is nicely layed out and the icon updates pretty often. I just wish they'ed get the weather a little more accurate and on the 7 day forecast, be able to click on a day and get the info for that day instead of just the high and low for that day.
    02-05-09 08:29 PM
    did you want it to wipe ur **** too? And call you Sir??? HAHA! Welcome me to Crackberry...

Sorry... just blazed and thought I'd be funny...

Awesome site though~!
    You always find an ***** online somewhere.
    02-05-09 08:31 PM
    and it's always a ******* that finds them...
    02-05-09 08:33 PM
    I do not have bbmaps installed and my weatherbug works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 10:39 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=9910199

search the numerous threads for yourself and you'll find your answer .
    02-06-09 04:25 AM
    I love Weatherbug. I have it set up to provide weather info for about 10 cities, with weather for the last city selected being the one that displays on the home screen. Some say it's a memory hog, but I haven't had any issues.
    02-06-09 05:47 AM
    I absolutley love weatherbug. I did not manually put in the locations eventhough that works great, I just use the gps function and it updates all the time for me. My only complaint is that the GPS updating while going into the app is slow. But other than that i have it right on my Bold home screen and it looks great.
    02-06-09 06:07 AM
    Weatherbug is $40/yr. Way too expensive for finding out the weather.
    02-06-09 12:36 PM
    Weatherbug is $40/yr. Way too expensive for finding out the weather.
    If you look on google you'll find they have a free one
    02-06-09 12:40 PM
    I tried the free weatherbug and it just hung on my Bold. Also, reading some of the forums, it sounds like that app is really buggy.
    02-06-09 01:07 PM
    I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I have the same issue as you and in the meantime I go to the following link in a browser and view the weather. It seems to be the most accurate.
    check it out:
    forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Spokane&state=WA&site=OTX&te xtField1=47.7877&textField2=-117.455

put an http:// in front. I don't have enough points to post a URL yet. not sure what that's about.
    02-06-09 01:12 PM
    I absolutley love weatherbug. I did not manually put in the locations eventhough that works great, I just use the gps function and it updates all the time for me. My only complaint is that the GPS updating while going into the app is slow. But other than that i have it right on my Bold home screen and it looks great.
    Did you get this to work? When I tried it, the app just hung up and nothing happened.
    02-06-09 01:12 PM
    That's funny weatherbug charges jus for the weather considering its always wrong , weather reporters suck

02-06-09 01:21 PM
    I've had WeatherEye on my BB for about 5 months now and have yet to have an issue with it. It's not as flashy as WeatherBug but it seems more stable...on my BB and pretty accurate temperature wise.
    02-06-09 01:24 PM
    If you look on google you'll find they have a free one
    not finding that. their app runs 30 days for free if that is what you are talking about, but didn't find a a free forever version.
    02-06-09 01:43 PM
    I use weathereye. Does the job for me...only thing i could wish for was if it updated more regularly then every half an hour. Every minute counts.
    02-07-09 10:00 PM
    The free weatherbug app is called Weatherbug Direct. It is completely free. I've never had any problems with it.

02-07-09 10:29 PM
    WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry

02-07-09 11:53 PM
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

Thats the OTA link for Weatherbug Direct...which is free.
    Its great, does need BB Maps I think though. I live in the UK and it works...and its not too bad for accuracy. I guess it'll be even more accurate in the US.
    02-08-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD