Just plugged into DM to see what all the mayhem was about and it says i have a Core applications update...

This is what I have after the update was successful... No idea what changed if anything. But something got updated... Again, this update came to me (whatever it was) while running .113 (non-hybrid).

BlackBerry� 9530
    smartphone (3G, CDMA)
    v4.7.0.113 (Platform 4.0.0.144)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.51
    Branding Version: 1.0.105.16
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at Blackberry.com
    Copyright � 1997-2008
    Research In Motion Limited.
    All rights reserved.

Portions of the browser are copyright 4thpass.

The RIM and BlackBerry families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, Research In Motion, and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.

This handheld device and/or associated software are protected by copyright, international treaties and various patents, including one or more of the following U.S. patents: 6,278,442; 6,271,605; 6,219,694; 6,075,470; 6,073,318; D,445,428; D,433,460; D,416,256. Other patents are pending in the U.S. and other countries. Please visit www.rim.com/patents.shtml for a current listing of applicable patents.
    04-07-09 03:42 PM
    yeah, I had the same thing... I'm running .113 (non hybrid). I didn't really know what it was, but I installed it anyway
    04-07-09 05:15 PM
    I had one too and so did many other people but they closed those threads too so why isnt this one ******* closed??? im sure im goign to get banned for this but the mods here are a bunch of *****'s they are the only ones allowed to start these threads if they dont the close and lock them because god forbid someone else ******* know something they dont
    04-07-09 05:21 PM
    same here... I thought it might have something to do with the RIM site updating my App Loader. I went there to check for an update and it told me it had to update the App Loader. After that was complete I shut DM down and opened it back up, at which point it prompted with the new Core Applications.
    04-07-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD