Is there an app which will display the clock when the 8900 homescreen darkens to idle? My search came up with "no", but these were older posts, and hopefully there is now an app that will allow this.
    06-13-10 02:38 PM
    There are some "screen saver" apps that kick in and I thought one of those might have a clock. LSphone has some.

Here's a mobihand link because the crack store would not show any of his apps:

I Charge Cool - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps

He's got a few different ones
    06-13-10 04:34 PM
    There are some "screen saver" apps that kick in and I thought one of those might have a clock. LSphone has some.

Here's a mobihand link because the crack store would not show any of his apps:

I Charge Cool - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps

He's got a few different ones
    Thanmks for your response, but this is not what I'm looking for....I want an app that will display the clock instead of fading to a black screen at idle.
    06-13-10 07:17 PM
    I want an app that will display the clock instead of fading to a black screen at idle.
    OK. Just putting this out there...

You do realize that the purpose of having the screen time out is to save battery life, correct? Also you should know that for anything to be seen on the screen, the BB has to light up the backlight, which reduces said battery life, correct? I guess you have your reasons, but I was curious if you knew these things..

Anyhow, I dont believe that there is an app that will open the clock automaically upon the dimming of the screen; however, you can use LeaveItOn and set it to stay on when the clock is running. This way you can just start the clock via icon or a convenience key, and LIO will keep the backlight/clock on for you for a pre-set duration, or indefinitely if you wish.

Check out the site here...

ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products

Also you can download and register the newest beta version here if you like the trial...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...6/index26.html

Hope this helps...
    06-13-10 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD