Plenty of shills here for Youmail.

It seems that VISUAL voicemail means that it involves speech-to-text. The free version of Youmail does not provide this feature. For the uninitiated, the free version includes deletion, saving, etc. of your voicemail with a GUI in addition to audible prompts if you call into your number. This is an improvement over standard phone company provided voicemail.

I don't take the attitude that all great software needs to be free. I'll buy good stuff but we're still customers if we use software that is partially supported by advertising. I think it's a fail that the speech-to-text is a paid-only feature.
    you should inform all of the other providers of visual voicemail (that charge for the interface) that their visual voicemail is not infact visual voicemail... or you could pay attention to the second V .. which is voice meaning sound not text. So I don't really see how you can conclude that VISUAL voicemail is somehow speech to text

Also we are not conspiring with youmail to put you down, you're just really really ignorant and want the world handed to you if you have any inconvenience. They give you a service for the advertising! They host your voicemail provide you with numerous features that are not offered in standard voicemail services and even wrote freaking software for the phone you have to access said voicemail and you balk at the idea of having to pay for voice to be converted to text and even try to suggest that without that it is not voicemail? please for the sake of the sanity of those who have the unfortunate occurrence of receiving money from you for some kind of service, take a step back look around and understand that just because you exist does not mean the world should work exactly as you believe it should
    Last edited by scbysnx; 08-05-09 at 11:54 PM.
    08-05-09 11:44 PM
    you should inform all of the other providers of visual voicemail (that charge for the interface) that their visual voicemail is not infact visual voicemail... or you could pay attention to the second V .. which is voice meaning sound not text. So I don't really see how you can conclude that VISUAL voicemail is somehow speech to text

Also we are not conspiring with youmail to put you down, you're just really really ignorant and want the world handed to you if you have any inconvenience. They give you a service for the advertising! They host your voicemail provide you with numerous features that are not offered in standard voicemail services and even wrote freaking software for the phone you have to access said voicemail and you balk at the idea of having to pay for voice to be converted to text and even try to suggest that without that it is not voicemail? please for the sake of the sanity of those who have the unfortunate occurrence of receiving money from you for some kind of service, take a step back look around and understand that just because you exist does not mean the world should work exactly as you believe it should

ouch haha, althought a great point.. even though it may seem a little harsh, sometimes, it needs that sharp point.

I mean think about how much it offers for FREE! Oh, dont complain about the ads, it doesnt send them randomly to your sms/email, and when they do come in with your voicemail, they are at the very bottom, and you never even have to look at them! At least they are NOT the first thing you see!
    08-11-09 02:54 PM
    ouch haha, althought a great point.. even though it may seem a little harsh, sometimes, it needs that sharp point.

I mean think about how much it offers for FREE! Oh, dont complain about the ads, it doesnt send them randomly to your sms/email, and when they do come in with your voicemail, they are at the very bottom, and you never even have to look at them! At least they are NOT the first thing you see!
    it had to be said, working in retail I've dealt with guys like him who believe that you should bow at their feet because he graces you with his presence. Its outrageous and I'm sick of people like him thinking they somehow deserve everything because of something
    08-12-09 07:25 PM
    Its outrageous and I'm sick of people like him thinking they somehow deserve everything because of something
    Glad you are sick of me. I suggested that transcription could be an advertising supported feature (like the other YouMail advertisements) and somehow you think I'm asking people to bow at my feet. Maybe you could explain this better so I understand the insult.

I actually use YouMail and I like it. I just thing that the speech-to-text feature would be a nice free addition.
    08-23-09 09:36 PM
    08-25-09 09:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD