Well I downloaded it to my Tour, OS 4.7, was able to search by show name, but I keep getting the error of "This receiver does not support remote record series recording. Please select another receiver". Then I tried just to select one episode and it still tells me no. I only have one DVR receiver....am I doing something wrong?
    03-23-10 09:49 PM
    What model number dvr do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 11:46 PM
    Am I correct that you have to leave your Directv box on at home, for the app to work?
    No you do not need to have it on.
    03-24-10 09:26 AM
    Well I downloaded it to my Tour, OS 4.7, was able to search by show name, but I keep getting the error of "This receiver does not support remote record series recording. Please select another receiver". Then I tried just to select one episode and it still tells me no. I only have one DVR receiver....am I doing something wrong?
    Make sure you're selecting the right receiver. You might accidentally have it set to search for one of your non-DVR receivers.
    03-24-10 09:27 AM
    This app is TERRIBLE!! I understand that this is a beta release but nonetheless, its an official beta release. DirecTV should be embarrassed that people are using this app right now. This beta version is so terrible that I might not even DL is when it is out of beta.

My complaints:

1. The hide SD duplicates button does nothing. D* could have at least had the basic features working before they released a beta version to the public.

2. This app is painfully slow. I launced the app on my device and tried to record my local news at 6pm tonight. I chose to browse by date/time and it took over 5 minutes. I only work a mile away from where I live and I might have been able to drive home and record the program faster than this app did if for me.

I've already deleted this app from my device and there is a good chance I won't be wasting any space on my BB with this useless app when it is out of beta.
    Last edited by leprechaunshawn; 03-24-10 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-24-10 10:49 AM
    This app is TERRIBLE!! I understand that this is a beta release but nonetheless, its an official beta release. DirecTV should be embarrassed that people are using this app right now. This beta version is so terrible that I might not even DL is when it is out of beta.

My complaints:

1. The hide SD duplicates button does nothing. D* could have at least had the basic features working before they released a beta version to the public.

2. This app is painfully slow. I launced the app on my device and tried to record my local news at 6pm tonight. I chose to browse by date/time and it took over 5 minutes. I only work a mile away from where I live and I might have been able to drive home and record the program faster than this app did if for me.

I've already deleted this app from my device and there is a good chance I won't be wasting any space on my BB with this useless app when it is out of beta.
    V 1.1.4 is working great. I have not heard that long of a load time. What phone are you using and what OS?
    03-24-10 01:10 PM
    V 1.1.4 is working great. I have not heard that long of a load time. What phone are you using and what OS?
    Is 1.1.4 working on the Storm now? I read that it was locking up both Storms and Storm 2s
    03-24-10 01:13 PM
    Where are people getting v1.1.4?

If I go to m.directv.com/mobileapps it gives me v1.1.2.

I have a Sprint 8330m with OS 4.5.0.186
    03-24-10 01:18 PM
    I have the model R15...does that help?
    03-24-10 02:17 PM
    Plex03~ I only have one DVR in the house and it was the only one showing up.
    03-24-10 02:18 PM
    03-24-10 02:28 PM
    Try rebooting your receiver by pressing the red button on the front.
    03-24-10 02:30 PM
    I rebooted the receiver, it still says it doesn't support series recording, so when I pick just to record one episode, it still says no and that I'm not subscribed to view the content.
    03-24-10 02:57 PM
    I rebooted the receiver, it still says it doesn't support series recording, so when I pick just to record one episode, it still says no and that I'm not subscribed to view the content.
    But you are allowed to record at home right? You are paying for the DVR service??
    03-24-10 04:06 PM
    Yep, in fact it's recording something now...I just have the one receiver in the living room and that's the only one that is available in the app as well.
    03-24-10 04:18 PM
    See if you can record that way

03-24-10 05:46 PM
    Where are people getting v1.1.4?

If I go to m.directv.com/mobileapps it gives me v1.1.2.

I have a Sprint 8330m with OS 4.5.0.186
    I said earlier that this app is terrible, and I stand by that opinion.

But it did record what I tried to record.
    03-25-10 08:48 AM
    No you do not need to have it on.

Does not need to be on. Just like when you set a program to record when you aren't at home, you don't leave it on for it to record.

The app has a few glitches, but better than not having it at all.

03-25-10 09:18 AM
    I just tried v1.1.6 and nothing seems to have improved. It doesn't seem any faster and the hide SD duplicates still does nothing. I think I'll wait until this is not a beta release before I try again.
    03-25-10 10:23 AM
    It will only worked on networked hr2x receivers
    03-25-10 10:36 AM
    Does not need to be on. Just like when you set a program to record when you aren't at home, you don't leave it on for it to record.

The app has a few glitches, but better than not having it at all.

Were you just reiterating what I said or did you read my post wrong?
    03-25-10 11:57 AM
    It will only worked on networked hr2x receivers
    Not True. Your DVR does not need to be networked or connected to a phone line. App also works on Rx series DVR's. What happened is the app was never updated with the R15 DVR. So it doesn't read that DVR. I am waiting on response from the team if that has been fixed in V 1.1.6
    Last edited by BigRick10; 03-25-10 at 01:56 PM.
    03-25-10 01:46 PM
    Were you just reiterating what I said or did you read my post wrong?
    Right. What you said.

03-25-10 03:26 PM
    Not True. Your DVR does not need to be networked or connected to a phone line. App also works on Rx series DVR's. What happened is the app was never updated with the R15 DVR. So it doesn't read that DVR. I am waiting on response from the team if that has been fixed in V 1.1.6
    Version 1.1.7 is the newest. Wow they are fast.

03-25-10 05:04 PM
    Version 1.1.7 is the newest. Wow they are fast.

Are these new versions that are coming out compatible with the Storm, or is 1.1.2 still the only one that works on touch screen phones? Thanks.
    03-25-10 05:14 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD