I know there's an iPhone application that allows the iPhone user to control his DirectTV DVR remotely from his/her phone. I am getting DirectTV today, and would love to know if a similar app exists for the BlackBerry.

Anybody know, or could list a link to an OTA download?
    02-10-10 11:03 AM
    Not yet. Due out some time in Feb. So they say. Check their site for more info. I'm waiting on it too.
    02-10-10 11:36 AM
    What more "control" is it supposed to have? Right now you can log onto the site and search for and set recordings on your DVRs on any internet enabled phone, and that's really all they show on the commercials. I don't see a need for an app to do something you can already do on the site.
    02-10-10 11:48 AM
    Best thing i can find in the meantime is the launcher from this list. The list is in alphabetical order, so it should be easy to find:

Blackberry Launchers � Master List

Works fine for me.
    02-10-10 12:50 PM
    Is anything like this available in Canada for Bell/Rogers
    02-10-10 09:02 PM
    I was able to use the Directv app, I went to m.directv.com on my BB Browser and there was the app to access my DVR. I was able to start a recording and also tell it what DVR in what room to record it on. It worked great.
    02-11-10 06:48 AM
    That's not an "app." It's a mobile friendly web site. The app is allegedly coming out soon, but I don't believe a release date is out there.
    03-17-10 11:11 AM
    The app is here! Go to m.directv.com, which is the online scheduler, scroll down to the bottom, select "get the mobile dvr application on your phone". On the next page, select your device....first option is storm/storm2, and the other option is bold/tour/curve8300, 8500, 8900, &8800 series. After download, you'll have to log in, then you can search for shows, choose to record episode or series, and which dvr, if you have more than one..same options as your dvr, keep til I delete, ect...
    03-18-10 09:40 PM
    The app is here! Go to m.directv.com, which is the online scheduler, scroll down to the bottom, select "get the mobile dvr application on your phone". On the next page, select your device....first option is storm/storm2, and the other option is bold/tour/curve8300, 8500, 8900, &8800 series. After download, you'll have to log in, then you can search for shows, choose to record episode or series, and which dvr, if you have more than one..same options as your dvr, keep til I delete, ect...
    Ok, so i tried what you said, and all that was there was the regular old login page for the dvr scheduler on the browser. So i tried visiting m.directv.com from my laptop, and saw exactly what you said " get the mobile dvr......." So i went back to my phone, and opened the webpage using Opera Mini and saw the option to dowload and proceeded from there and sure as ****, i now have it on my phone. so if anyone has problems, try a different browser. thanks for the heads up!
    03-18-10 10:18 PM
    Cool, thought maybe I found some fluke or something. Maybe I should start a new thread to get the word out so all of us addicts can get this new app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 11:11 PM
    There is no dvr control app for comcast, is there?

03-21-10 10:56 AM
    Go to comcast website or call and ask.

03-21-10 11:23 AM
    Cool, thought maybe I found some fluke or something. Maybe I should start a new thread to get the word out so all of us addicts can get this new app

Instead of having a bunch of threads on the same topic why not just have a mod rename this thread and make it a sticky? One topic, one thread.

Here are several links to go and download the Directv Scheduler app for Blackberrys:

DVR Scheduler

http://int-dvrmobile.dtvce.com/publi...RScheduler.jad

m.directv.mobile

This app has been in beta testing for several months, and is now in a public "beta" form..... It is not in final form, so when reporting issues Directv would like to have the following info: complete phone model name, OS, Carrier, BIS or BES, using wifi or 3G, along with the issue you are having. The best place to report issues is: DVR Scheduler 1.1.2 BETA for Blackberry/RIM - Issues/Discussion - DBSTalk.Com
    Directv does monitor this thread. Trust me.
    03-21-10 11:57 AM
    Yes we always keep a close eye on dbstalk.com

03-21-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD