I am also a fan of Slacker and recently found out about Flycast. I fell in love with Flycast because it can give me all of the talk/political radio I usually listen to from local station and SiriusXM. I still use Slacker for music though. Flycast has some form of cache too. I have never used cache on either though. I don't really understand how to on Slacker, but I haven't really dug into it. Haven't had a need to yet.

It would be nice if the BB got a SiriusXM App, but not for the $13 it costs for a new subscription. I just did a free trial with my iTouch. It is really nice but just too expensive, IMO. Especially since I can get it all for free with Slacker and Flycast.
    01-24-10 10:42 PM
    I use all of 'em, Slacker, Pandora, Flycast, iheartradio, and moodio. I like moodio the best but adding channels is a PITA.
    01-25-10 03:28 AM
    I used to listen to Slacker a lot until I found Moodio.

On Slacker, I really started customizing some stations down to 4 or 5 artists. For example, I did an "old" Genesis station. Genesis (old/classic), Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Phil Collins (old/cassic).

Depending on the size of the catalog, the 4 or 5 artists seems to be the minimum before a station will start locking up. Due to certain licensing restrictions (in addition to skip limits), they can only play a certain number of songs by any one artist within (I think) a 4 hour period.

When setting up, I would heart the 5 artists, then keep blocking all others suggested until it would suggest no more.

The only custom station I still listen to on a regular basis now is my comedy station with the likes of: Mitch Hedberg, Steven Wright, Frank Caliendo, Robin Williams, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Jerry Seinfeld, Kathy Madigan, Margaret Cho, and a few others.
    01-25-10 08:17 AM
    I used to listen to Slacker a lot until I found Moodio.

On Slacker, I really started customizing some stations down to 4 or 5 artists. For example, I did an "old" Genesis station. Genesis (old/classic), Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Phil Collins (old/cassic).

Depending on the size of the catalog, the 4 or 5 artists seems to be the minimum before a station will start locking up. Due to certain licensing restrictions (in addition to skip limits), they can only play a certain number of songs by any one artist within (I think) a 4 hour period.

When setting up, I would heart the 5 artists, then keep blocking all others suggested until it would suggest no more.

The only custom station I still listen to on a regular basis now is my comedy station with the likes of: Mitch Hedberg, Steven Wright, Frank Caliendo, Robin Williams, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Jerry Seinfeld, Kathy Madigan, Margaret Cho, and a few others.
    Thought I read somewhere that each station had to have a minimum of 15 artists, and no maximum.

Also, Moodio is for playing Internet or "regular" radio stations...so less control over artist selection, etc. Moodio keeps an open data connection as well using the on board browser. Not an issue if you have Opera Mini or Bolt to fall back on if you find you need to use the browser for something while listening to Moodio.
    01-25-10 08:26 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD