i had the old version of slacker 2.91 on my t-mo 9700 and it always work on wifi. so i upgraded to the latest version today 3.0.459 cuz the older version was giving me problem. now it is stuck on "testing connection..." when i open up slacker.

so did slacker program that app to stop working on wifi? if so, i just stick pandora instead. it is ashamed...i was using it for their cached station.

ps i dont have data plan.
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-29-10 at 12:55 PM.
    03-29-10 12:53 PM
    Works for me, listening to the new version of Slacker right now on Wifi. Btw, love the new Slacker, great update.
    03-29-10 01:00 PM
    I believe Slacker removed the free caching of stations with their 3.x versions. If you want to continue to cache with 3.x, you'll have to get a subscription.

At least this is why I haven't moved up to 3.x yet.

Eric
    03-29-10 01:29 PM
    I believe Slacker removed the free caching of stations with their 3.x versions. If you want to continue to cache with 3.x, you'll have to get a subscription.

At least this is why I haven't moved up to 3.x yet.

Eric
    Nope, they still have it, just updated it myself. What your thinking of is the OTA caching. With the paid version, you can cache stations to the Media Card without connecting to a computer. The old way is still free.
    03-29-10 01:36 PM
    For slacker or any music app that stops working for whatever reason I found on my BB8530 i go to firewall (it was disabled) I enabled, saved then disabled again,saved and and my music apps started working again as before. don't know why but it dose.
    05-23-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD