09-13-09 07:22 PM
26 12
tools
    I had no idea that BOLT browser could play videos imbedded within the page. This is as close to a skyfire type thing that I have seen in any of these browsers! This is SO convenient. How come no one ever talks about this? It makes BOLT worth that much more!

Try it I just watched some dude shoot up his iPhone because he was pissed at it.
    08-15-09 09:47 PM
    I been using bolt for about two months and never knew about this. Thanks.
    08-15-09 10:07 PM
    I been using bolt for about two months and never knew about this. Thanks.
    no problem man. seems some who may have known have kept it on the DL. lol.
    08-15-09 10:36 PM
    I didn't know it was a secret. Sorry. Found this a while back and figured I was silly for not knowin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 01:49 AM
    As in flash vids!?!

08-16-09 01:55 AM
    I just dl'd Bolt and no matter what permissions I specify it still asks to connect. Even controlling the screen is frustrating with it magnified. Hopefully this is just an adjustment. Going to check out the video feature now... Thanks for the reminder.

08-16-09 01:58 AM
    Bolt on BB is an unsigned app, I think. If you don't want it to ask permission, I think you have to enable the firewall on your BB and then explicitly grant it permission. Opera Mini is the same way.

08-16-09 02:08 AM
    Guys let me know I'm not crazy and that this works for you too.
    08-16-09 02:13 AM
    Video hasn't worked for me. Unless I'm still a BB noob and you meant using the native browser. I don't think that's accurate.

P.s. Thanks for the firewall tip. Maybe I didn't do it right.

08-16-09 02:31 AM
    I have a curve and it works for me. If you don't want to use Bolt, I downloaded Xenozu. But you need to check your phone plan before you use it.

08-16-09 02:32 AM
    Unlimited data so I should be good. Has anyone ever reached Verizon's hidden data cap? Heard there really was one. Gonna try the vid again...

08-16-09 02:35 AM
    Sorry just had to update. It works. Eh..
    Took long enough. I can only get it to work on google not youtube.

08-16-09 03:48 AM
    Has anyone tried HULU with Bolt yet? Does that work? That would make me a definite user!
    09-07-09 06:45 PM
    Unfortunately no...Hulu requires flash player and there is no such animal for blackberry that I saw in the download options.

Youtube on the other hand, works like a charm. Takes a few seconds to fully load and sounds like crap, but it works. Then again, I was listening to Eddie Van Halen play Eruption. That could explain alot lol. That should be listened to on a good stereo, not a Blackberry.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 09-07-09 at 10:52 PM.
    09-07-09 10:50 PM
    thanks did not know that learning all the time on cb
    09-07-09 11:41 PM
    Well I have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and Bolt doesn't allow me to stream videos even on YouTube.

09-09-09 05:14 AM
    Bolt really is a superb browser.

For some reason that I've never been able to put my finger on, I never 'clicked' with opera mini, but for the last couple of months I have been loving Bolt like the child I never had.

It CAN play SOME embedded video, but it depends how the site has been put together, and to a certain degree on how good your signal is wherever you happen to be.

I've found that it doesn't like to play a video until it has buffered almost all of it, and this can take quite a long time, so you may only want to play with it when you're on 3g or wifi.
    09-09-09 05:26 AM
    Good point EG. I'd hate to see people racking up charges waiting on a buffer to load up.
    09-10-09 10:48 PM
    I have had no luck watching youtube videos with Bolt. It asks permission, click yes, the BB browser opens to a white screen with a link that says stream which I click on, then the media player opens and after a few seconds says error.

What's the deal?

09-12-09 08:27 PM
    whyd you have to bring up my n00bish thread. jk.
    09-12-09 08:43 PM
    Bolt really is a superb browser.

For some reason that I've never been able to put my finger on, I never 'clicked' with opera mini, but for the last couple of months I have been loving Bolt like the child I never had.

same here! I tried Opera Mini a few times and I just couldn't use it.. I stumbled upon Bolt a few weeks ago and have been loving it ever since

i can even access blackboard with it to check my online class!!
    09-12-09 09:45 PM
    embedded video has worked for me since the last update but unfortunately videos wont play longer than like 1 min 30 sec.
    09-12-09 10:12 PM
    The only thing I hate about Bolt is how it loads the previous page where Opera is instantaneous. While Bolt webpages looks better, opera is much more efficient and faster.
    09-12-09 11:03 PM
    So, does anybody have tips on viewing youtube with Bolt? Or doesn't it work?
    09-13-09 11:37 AM
    I had such hopes Bolt would have a site based flash player HA! I'm such a fool.
    09-13-09 02:54 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD