It's called "Search Messages". I didn't download anything and I don't see it in the applications list. Any ideas? "Search", the one that comes with the Storm is still intact so its not that one...
    01-09-09 03:50 PM
    I got the EXACT SAME THING two days ago (?). I wasn't in my apps. listing either. The next time I did a softrest, it disappeared. That's really weird because I've never had the slightest problem with viruses, etc. on any of my BBs.
    01-09-09 04:01 PM
    We can't be the only ones. Here is a list of all my third party apps (running .85)

facebook
    Yahoo Messenger
    Viigo
    Weatherbug
    QuickPull
    AP Mobile
    WorldMate

and here are the following launchers:

Amazon
    facebook
    Orb
    Lang to Lang
    USAA

Yesterday I installed VLingo and promptly removed it as I couldn't get it to go past step 4 so I gave up with it. Wonder if it's related to that?
    01-09-09 04:45 PM
    I got the EXACT SAME THING two days ago (?). I wasn't in my apps. listing either. The next time I did a softrest, it disappeared. That's really weird because I've never had the slightest problem with viruses, etc. on any of my BBs.
    Weird, I had it too and was gone after a battery pull. I just noticed another strange thing, my "Download" folder is missing? WTF! Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 07:32 PM
    You guys sure it wasn't yet another URL/bookmarky thing that was pushed out by a service book?

Vodafone pushed out something similar to me the other day, I just hid and burried it in thehidden folder called 'crap' with all the other garbage that RIM or the carriers shove down our proverbial throats.
    01-09-09 08:35 PM
    My missing "Downloads" folder is bugging me now. Anybody?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 08:58 PM
    You guys sure it wasn't yet another URL/bookmarky thing that was pushed out by a service book?
    It's not pointing to a url if that's what you mean. It's an app that is looking at the system to do a search for files and such.
    01-10-09 08:56 AM
    It's called "Search Messages". I didn't download anything and I don't see it in the applications list. Any ideas? "Search", the one that comes with the Storm is still intact so its not that one...
    I had it, too. The icon looked like a spider web. It disappeared after quickpull. It was different than "Search" which is still there.
    02-27-09 11:02 AM
    yeah i had the same search messages app too i noticed it after i downloaded that free solitaire app for the storm, i deleted the solitaire app the the search app went with it...i just didnt trust it
    02-27-09 11:15 AM
    Noticed the search messages app after I downloaded the stupid easy button and the tazer
    02-28-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD