Been waiting for this for a long time....... Finally the fantastic, free Dictionary.com App is available for the Storm 2 9550! Not sure about the 9520. I used to use and love this app when I had my 8330 but found it was unavailable for my new (at the time) Storm 2 9550. Well it's here folks! It's free of course and it works flawlessly with a very nice UI. Enjoy!

JoePilot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:19 PM
    Been waiting for this for a long time....... Finally the fantastic, free Dictionary.com App is available for the Storm 2 9550! Not sure about the 9520. I used to use and love this app when I had my 8330 but found it was unavailable for my new (at the time) Storm 2 9550. Well it's here folks! It's free of course and it works flawlessly with a very nice UI. Enjoy!

JoePilot

where do I get it?
    04-13-10 12:24 PM
    App World...................
    04-13-10 12:27 PM
    App World...................
    Damn. Is that the only place? I hate App World.
    04-13-10 12:31 PM
    Simply navigate to Dictionary.com from your BlackBerry Browser. The app has a cool feature, shake it and it will load up a random word. This can be toggled in Options > Dictionary.com > Shake.

I can confirm this works on Storm2 9520.
    04-13-10 12:32 PM
    Simply navigate to Dictionary.com from your BlackBerry Browser. The app has a cool feature, shake it and it will load up a random word. This can be toggled in Options > Dictionary.com > Shake.

I can confirm this works on Storm2 9520.
    Awesome! Thank you. I didn't have my Berry close to me and was too lazy to get up.
    04-13-10 12:35 PM
    Awesome! Thank you. I didn't have my Berry close to me and was too lazy to get up.
    Don't have your Berry close to you?! What kind of "abuser" are you anyway?
    04-13-10 12:37 PM
    Don't have your Berry close to you?! What kind of "abuser" are you anyway?
    Lmao, I knew I was going to catch some ish for that!!
    04-13-10 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    04-13-10 12:52 PM
    I just tried to download from the site but I got the version that's not compatible with the Storm. I guess I'll have to down App World anyway.
    04-13-10 01:16 PM
    Although slow, I don't have any problems with App World. What's the deal? I use it all the time with no issues.

04-13-10 01:19 PM
    I just tried to download from the site but I got the version that's not compatible with the Storm. I guess I'll have to down App World anyway.
    Same here...
    04-13-10 01:19 PM
    Downloaded the app from the Dictionary.com site.
    When I try to launch the app, I get the following message:
    "The BlackBerry Sotrm is currently unsupported. Please use the WAP site by visiting m.dictionary.com on your BlackBerry browser."

Anyone else?

TIA

Edit: You guys are quick and posted before I had a chance.
    04-13-10 01:20 PM
    Although slow, I don't have any problems with App World. What's the deal? I use it all the time with no issues.

+1

10 char..
    04-13-10 01:21 PM

For me I guess I just got a bad taste in my mouth from it with the Storm 1. Haven't really gave it a shot with Storm 2 yet. I had nothing but memory leaks from it before tho, and yes super slow.
    04-13-10 01:33 PM
    I use App world too but because of thier policies it is not always the most current version, I therefore usually try to get it elsewhere...

Got the App World Version of this and it is a slick little app.. Again, thanks!
    04-13-10 01:44 PM
    Anyone successfully able to download this from "dictionary.com"? I'm not a big fan of appworld either and dont want to install it for one app . . . if I don't have to.
    04-13-10 02:28 PM
    I too, noticed a while back that some of App World's apps were not the latest versions. So if its available else where, that's usually where I go.
    04-13-10 02:29 PM
    Am I the only one who successfully installed this from Dictionary.com? Odd, though all of you having issues are on Verizon and have the 9550 model... one would think you should get it right and us 9520 users left behind haha
    04-13-10 02:45 PM
    Am I the only one who successfully installed this from Dictionary.com? Odd, though all of you having issues are on Verizon and have the 9550 model... one would think you should get it right and us 9520 users left behind haha
    What version number did you download from Dictionary.com? I'll give it a try on my 9550
    04-13-10 02:51 PM
    Here you go my clueless brethren, xtremelabs.com/assets/mobile/dictionary/storm/dictionary.jad
    04-13-10 03:00 PM
    Thanks! Worked like a champ.
    04-13-10 03:10 PM
    So funny......... It's seems like if some of you want to make it more difficult, you will. I've never had ANY major issues with my 9550 and neither has my wife. I don't understand why everything has to be so hard. For example, why won't some of you use BlackBerry App World? It works just fine most of the time. As I stated, yes, it's slower than it should be and not perfect but it works just fine. JUST DOWNLOAD IT FROM APP WORLD! LOL.
    04-13-10 03:33 PM
    Downloaded from App World to my 9550 and it works perfectly.

Thanks to the OP -- I've been waiting for months for this app to be upgraded to work with the Storm series and I hadn't noticed that the upgrade had become available. Yeah!
    04-13-10 08:40 PM
    I downloaded OTA from APP World.
    When I clicked on the APP World icon if froze my Storm.
    After the reset, I clicked on the icon again and this time it worked.

Good Luck
    04-13-10 09:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD