Question for all the diabetics out there which log apps are you using?? Have seen several on app world, but I'm not sure which is best....... I'd also like to know if anyone knows of a free one available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 06:43 PM
    That is a good question1
    02-18-10 06:51 PM
    I'm a type 1 diabetic, sure would be nice to have a nice SIMPLE app.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-19-10 12:55 AM
    I was really expecting more of a response to this..............;( I hate to carry my log book around when I have such a capable device with me all the time! Guess I might have to take my chances and buy one off app world
    02-19-10 07:46 AM
    I'm a type 1 diabetic, sure would be nice to have a nice SIMPLE app.

me too I've had juvenile type-I since I was 13 years old
    02-19-10 07:47 AM
    i don't know how to make the apps but wouldn't a simple spreadsheet do the trick for you guys?
    02-19-10 07:52 AM
    probably would work but some of the aps iv'e seen have down-loadable interface for pc that have graphic charts of blood sugar levels, and carb. listings for restaurants and all types of food to help with carb counting and determining the correct dose of insulin....... but they are kind of expensive.
    02-19-10 09:32 AM
    I'm really surprised that there aren't more juvenile diabetics in here. I was diagnosed at 14 and I'm 20 now. (and contrary to what a lot of people think you don't get type 1 by being unhealthy, eating to much, being overweight, etc. It just happens, they still don't know what exactly triggers the whole thing.)

btw rick9700, if you can totally look into the Medtronic Paradigm Insulin Pump. I've been on it since I was diagnosed, <3 not having to 4x shots. Just change it every 3 days.

If I could make applications for blackberry I so would make this. Just a nice simple design where when you open it you can put in your blood glucose, mark if you ate anything, how much insulin you gave yourself, and anything else you might want added to it.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 02-19-10 at 12:44 PM.
    02-19-10 12:41 PM
    I'm really surprised that there aren't more juvenile diabetics in here. I was diagnosed at 14 and I'm 20 now. (and contrary to what a lot of people think you don't get type 1 by being unhealthy, eating to much, being overweight, etc. It just happens, they still don't know what exactly triggers the whole thing.)

btw rick9700, if you can totally look into the Medtronic Paradigm Insulin Pump. I've been on it since I was diagnosed, <3 not having to 4x shots. Just change it every 3 days.

If I could make applications for blackberry I so would make this. Just a nice simple design where when you open it you can put in your blood glucose, mark if you ate anything, how much insulin you gave yourself, and anything else you might want added to it.
    I agree with you 100% most people think I'm old and overweight when I mention im a diabetic I was diagnosed @ 13 I'm now 37, 6 ft tall and weigh 155 soaking wet.......

yes, I thought I would have many options after making this post....

as far as pump goes I wish I were lucky enough to have one!! Life would be great!! But unfortunately I have no health insurance and have to pay out of pocket! I'm stuck with carb counting......
    Last edited by rick9700; 02-19-10 at 02:10 PM.
    02-19-10 01:25 PM
    I use logbook FX.
    02-19-10 01:34 PM
    I'm trying to google it and only getting articles. Where can you download it at? Is it free or pay?
    02-19-10 01:44 PM
    I just looked into it online and it says it adds wallpapers and themes do you have to use these with logbook fx or is it just like any other app? any info u can provide before i download is much appreciated......
    02-19-10 01:45 PM
    I'm trying to install it, I downloaded the zip file but desk top manager is not recognizing it..... I don't know what I'm doing, the website says it can not be installed over the air and I don't know how to install it with desk top manager!!!!
    02-19-10 02:07 PM
    seven if u get it to work please let me know what im doing wrong.....
    02-19-10 02:12 PM
    I'm trying to google it and only getting articles. Where can you download it at? Is it free or pay?
    its free go to Mdiabetic
    mDiabetic
    02-19-10 02:15 PM
    its free go to Mdiabetic
    mDiabetic
    I'm seeing if I can get it to work. I believe once you put in your type and model it gives you a OTA link that you have to put into your blackberry's browser. Going to see if it works on my device. I entered BlackBerry and 8530. I'll let you know what I find out.

Edit: It works. I haven't messed around with it, but it loads.

What's the difference between QA and BI? What are they? o.o
    Edit:
    bG= blood glucose level
    Ch= carbohydrate amount
    QA= quick acting insulin units
    BI= background insulin units

I'm going to assume that being on a insulin pump everything will be QA.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 02-19-10 at 02:39 PM.
    02-19-10 02:20 PM
    I'm seeing if I can get it to work. I believe once you put in your type and model it gives you a OTA link that you have to put into your blackberry's browser. Going to see if it works on my device. I entered BlackBerry and 8530. I'll let you know what I find out.

Edit: It works. I haven't messed around with it, but it loads.

What's the difference between QA and BI? What are they? o.o
    u got it to load OTA? I went to the site at work on my pc and it said onlyway to get BB version is to download to pc and load via desk top manager..... let me know how/if it works....

maybe u just got mobile version? because it deff says BB version must be installed via desk top manager, keep in mind im reading this on my work pc,...... but what I'm reading may be completely wrong.......

yes all your pump insulin is quick acting.....
    Last edited by rick9700; 02-19-10 at 02:47 PM.
    02-19-10 02:40 PM
    No, it's the actuall application and it says OTA download available here:
    Mobile Diabetic: Products

It has a "x" in the blackberry section for OTA. (which means it has it, if it didn't it would be blank or say n/a)

The PC one is if you need the digital signature

Here is the OTA it gave me for the 9700:
    http://www.mdiabetic.com/11293nav/logbookFX.jad
    02-19-10 02:49 PM
    thanks for the link ill have to wait till after work to try OTA, what do you think about it? Is it worth it?
    02-19-10 03:05 PM
    Yeah, It's better than some of them I have seen. I'll try to use it.
    Also, if you want to disable sounds when you open the chart, it's in settings. I had to because the little 'music' that played when you went to look at your glucose chart was annoying. :P
    02-19-10 04:00 PM
    Yeah, It's better than some of them I have seen. I'll try to use it.
    Also, if you want to disable sounds when you open the chart, it's in settings. I had to because the little 'music' that played when you went to look at your glucose chart was annoying. :P
    The only way I can navigate is to use the menu key and select an option from the drop down menu my trackpad dose not work, is your ball working? I can't figure out how to change to standard time format from the military 24 hour format..... Do you know how?

02-19-10 04:49 PM
    Yeah the menu from trackpad/ball doesn't work, just the menu button and I didn't find how to switch to standard time either, but otherwise a nice lil app.

02-19-10 07:52 PM
    Military time might be a deal Breaker for me I just can't get used to it......

02-20-10 11:44 AM
    Military time might be a deal Breaker for me I just can't get used to it......

Well let us know if you find something better.

02-21-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD