I figured I'd make a suggestion to developers of a way they can provide updates to Mobihand customers without having additional sales via Mobihand that they won't get paid for.

Summary: change the purchase price for Mobihand apps to $599.99, the highest allowable price. Then push your updates, which existing customers will be able to download free just like before.

Or if you use server activation, make the app free and include text that tells people a license can be purchased through BlackBerry App World.

Reason: No one will buy an app at that price (except maybe Kevin lol). If they do, just cancel the order and refund them (you can set Mobihand to

Why do this: your customers are still your customers. I understand that Mobihand hasn't paid you; they haven't paid me as well, although my unpaid amount is negligable compared to some of the other devs who haven't been paid. But your customers are still your customers, and it's really not ethical to punish your customers because of the negative actions of a retailer.

Second solution: Someone file a class action against Mobihand, Mobireach, Steve Howard, Sebastian Dijmarescu, Richard Wood, and Adriano Chiaretta (MobiHand Corporate Site - Management). Seriously, if I was graduated from Law School I'd already have done this.

While not an ideal solution, this is a better way to deal with the problem than simply removing your apps. I'm sure there are more solutions, but there ARE solutions.

Developers who refuse to attempt to find a solution make me wonder if they're more interested in the revenue from forcing customers to purchase an app a second time than supporting their existing customer base.
    02-03-12 04:48 PM
    Also, if possible, cancel any orders you can - also contact the customer and have them contact Paypal or their credit card company and dispute the charge.
    02-03-12 07:02 PM
    Thank you SCrid2000!! I have purchased many great apps from the CB Store/Mobihand and now I am no longer receiving my updates. My choice: download App World and then pay for that app again. I don't have App World on my phone nor do I wish to nor do I wish to pay for that app again. . Doesn't that stink!!

I have support these app developers in the past by purchasing their great apps. Now since the issued with Mobihand.....I feel that I am being "left out in the cold" and that I don't count as a customer anymore. . I really appreciate you taking the time and coming up with a solution for us. Whether these developers go for it will be another question.
    Cathyxx724 likes this.
    02-04-12 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD