Ok, I am stepping up my phone from an LG env3. I have verizon so I'm looking at this device and also the droid models.

Here are my main requirements:

1. I use gmail. access to my email is extremely important.
    2. I have a Skype number, and although I know skype mobile is available on this device, I'm not sure I understand it correctly so maybe some of you could explain. Here's what I want. I would like to be able to receive calls on my cell number when people call it, and I would like other people to be able to dial my skype number and receive that call separately. In other words, depending on how skype mobile works, it would be nice if someone dialed my regular cell number and the screen says "call from 444.444.4444" or whatever but when someone dials my skype number, then it says "skype call from " or something. Is that the way skype mobile works? and does it not burn my airtime minutes?

Anyhow, so, those are my two main things. Email is extremely important however, my main purpose of getting a new device is to use skype mobile so that I don't have to carry 2 cell phones around. I can sort of have two different numbers in one phone.

make sense?
    08-31-10 09:15 AM
    BB beats droid hands down for email and messaging, not even close. Droid excels in web browsing where the BB struggles.

I don't use skype presently so can't help you there.
    08-31-10 09:39 AM
    BB beats droid hands down for email and messaging, not even close. Droid excels in web browsing where the BB struggles.

I don't use skype presently so can't help you there.
    what is so good about it's message capabilities? thanks for the comment.
    09-01-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD