I am considering upgrading from my Curve 8530 to the Torch 9850, but in doing so am jumping from OS 5 to 7 and am concerned about app compatibility for the multitude of apps I find myself attached to. is there anyplace to go to verify that apps I use in OS 5 have equivalent OS 7 versions available? It may not be worth my while to upgrade if all the apps I use and enjoy today are not available or functional with the new device. For now, the ones I'm most attached to include:

google voice
    ubersocial
    youmail visual voicemail
    directv app
    slacker radio
    iheartradio
    nobex radio
    tether
    starbucks card mobile

Ideally it would be nice to have one central place to go to for this information... would rather not have to contact every individual vendor if possible...

Much appreciation,

WOLF
    08-28-11 11:02 PM
    I can tell you that starbucks card doesnt work :/ it wasnt even updated for os 6
    08-28-11 11:23 PM
    No Sirius xm either. :-(
    08-29-11 09:49 PM
    I can tell you slacker radio was preloaded on my Torch from USC. I havent acivated it yet...screen/phone protection...but I'll let you know about Ubersocial later this wk.
    08-29-11 11:37 PM
    No Sirius xm either. :-(
    Major bummer that Sirius hasn't supported anything past OS5.
    08-30-11 08:48 AM
    Interesting. I've noticed lately most of the apps I use, won't work on OS5 anymore. That's why I've been dying to upgrade to the newer bbs.
    08-30-11 08:50 AM
    Tether works on mine
    08-30-11 09:00 AM
    I emailed Sirius and here's the response.......
    Thank you for contacting SiriusXM. We appreciate all of our subscriber's comments and suggestions. We understand your concern in this matter.

We will forward your concern and suggestion to the appropriate department. However, at the current time no updates are planned. We will give you an update once we have received the feedback. Please visit our website regularly for any updates.

Thank you for being a loyal listener and we look forward to many more years of providing you with our service.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at the telephone number below.
    08-30-11 11:17 AM
    Google Voice works well on my 9850. YouMail works but you have to go to the m.youmail.com website. I cannot get the icon/app to download due to incompatibility.
    08-30-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD